IGNORED

Who Remembers This Place

BHC

1 hour ago, 308federal said:

My father was not into hunting, fishing nor guns. The first place I headed for in Sears was the sporting goods department.

I asked my father, who was Ted Williams? His reply: "Some guy that played baseball." HOLY COW!!!

PS. I couldn't wait for the Sears catalog either but for other reasons.......hahahaha! Closest thing to a playboy mag. lol

Before Ted, the brand was, J.C. Higgins

13 hours ago, bucky said:

Sears sold guns back in the good old days , my brother had a Sears / Ted Williams model 300 semi auto 12 ga. and I got my first daisy BB gun from there . We couldn't wait for the new Sears catalog to arrive every year so we could look at all the hunting stuff and pick out our Christmas presents

Sears Roebuck catalog and another that I can't remember marked the beginning of Christmas.  They were the only books I went through cover to cover.  Thick as a bible.

Edited by Greybeard

RAYS -------None were as big&  had it all from even an indoor range and Massive Gun Vault moved from the original location across from Bow Craft to the Clossed Washington House Restaurant also relocated to that location :shakehead: Add to it all Efingers - Harrys and The Sportsman now down the road & Downsized 

Ray's.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

3 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

RAYS -------None were as big&  had it all from even an indoor range and Massive Gun Vault moved from the original location across from Bow Craft to the Clossed Washington House Restaurant also relocated to that location :shakehead: Add to it all Efingers - Harrys and The Sportsman now down the road & Downsized 

Ray's.jpg

Rays!! Our own @hammer4reel worked the archery counter for a spell. Effingers was a go to when I lived in Dunellen.

West End Sport shop in Newark. Open 4-10pm. Ran by 3 guys that had full time day jobs. 
Bennie’s Sport Shop on 15th or 16th ave in Newark.  
Robin Hook bow shop on Bloomfield Ave. Not sure if it was in Newark or Bloomfield. Brought my first recurve Wing bow there in 1970

R.J  Solomon Farmingdale is a small shooter's supply shop and a few firearms unique for its Trap Fields on Sundays, Sr passed, We held a Trap shoot for a time member and also had many 22 cal shoots at NJDFG range with him.  He was an Army Vet suffering from Cancer, when he passed many members attended his wake.  A real Class act. and missed. 

Rest in Peace Steveo 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

10 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

R.J  Solomon Farmingdale is a small shooter's supply shop and a few firearms unique for its Trap Fields on Sundays, Sr passed, We held a Trap shoot for a time member and also had many 22 cal shoots at NJDFG range with him.  He was an Army Vet suffering from Cancer, when he passed many members attended his wake.  A real Class act. and missed. 

Rest in Peace Steveo 

I bought my current 300 Weatherby from Sr. Great guy!

On 3/26/2024 at 6:59 AM, Greybeard said:

Sears Roebuck catalog and another that I can't remember marked the beginning of Christmas.  They were the only books I went through cover to cover.  Thick as a bible.

Montgomery Ward?  I know that’s where my grandfather mail ordered the Winchester 94 in 30-30 I inherited.