IGNORED

Eastern coyote mix diagram

The history and ecology of this relatively "new" critter is very interesting.  I make my students study it because it's not going anywhere and it's playing a larger and larger role in our ecosystems.  With all of the original Dog DNA put back into one animal, as it was originally, we now have a super predator.  The more we try to kill it the faster it spreads and multiplies.  Its range and population size are constantly expanding, it can live anywhere including cities, and it's extremely intelligent and adaptable.  

2 hours ago, jumpthestring said:

We had a lot more deer , back in the day. when they were not around.

That has not been my experience at all in Passaic and Sussex counties. We’ve had yotes in big numbers since the mid 70s. Our deer numbers peaked in the 90s until the Division liberalized the seasons to reduce deer numbers. Yes, coyotes absolutely kill deer, but I think we hunters grossly overstate their impacts. 

3 hours ago, KBfishing said:

Any talks on ozonics or rage broadheads?

No, because they both suck, but believe it or not I do talk about camouflage and have a picture of Bloody Hands with a deer.    :rofl: 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Depends on which state. Wolves are legal to shoot in some states. 

Alaska for one in many areas wolves maybe protected or seasonal and other ares Open Season on them Natives in the wilds hate them and are seen as compition for a food sourse.  And a sourse for Income.  Also they see wolfs as wantant killers and wastefull. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

Shoot or don’t shoot?       

Rusty :offtopic: Do you teach anything about the Coywoflves  that seem to becoming in numbers in many states and in NJ ??

Meet the Coywolf

Bartel_USFWS_pdza_rw8.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif