IGNORED

Eastern coyote mix diagram

Want to experiance and interact with Wolfs Holowing Wolf Farm Jackson nj is for you I met them at a Veterans evet some years ago that they had some of them at. Keep in mind they are Not 100% Wolf but close. Just call them make an appointmnt an enjoy 

There is another Place in NJ won't mention it is a tourest trap and no interactions but pay $$$$ to even take a Photo.  

12295472_10205426030786033_1790500799600333585_n.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

19 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Rusty :offtopic: Do you teach anything about the Coywoflves  that seem to becoming in numbers in many states and in NJ ??

Meet the Coywolf

Bartel_USFWS_pdza_rw8.jpg

Yes I do, I have the students in my ecology classes study the history and ecology of it.   It's also called the Eastern coyote, although it is spreading back west where it originated.  The original coyotes of the west didn't interbreed with the much larger wolves out there, but adding this new "hybrid" into their mist could really change things. 

22 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Depends on which state. Wolves are legal to shoot in some states. 

Believe it or not, this critter is pure dog.  It's called a Tamaskan and it's the result of crossing huskies and shepherds.    

Although technically since dogs, wolves, and coyotes all produces fertile offspring they are genetically all the same animal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog

Screen Shot 2024-02-19 at 6.53.59 AM.png

Edited by Rusty

On 1/31/2024 at 5:26 AM, Rusty said:

The history and ecology of this relatively "new" critter is very interesting.  I make my students study it because it's not going anywhere and it's playing a larger and larger role in our ecosystems.  With all of the original Dog DNA put back into one animal, as it was originally, we now have a super predator.  The more we try to kill it the faster it spreads and multiplies.  Its range and population size are constantly expanding, it can live anywhere including cities, and it's extremely intelligent and adaptable.  

Wildest thing about these predators  Ive heard/read is that out west grasshoppers can make up a large percentage of their diet and according to one study around Chicago up to 40% of their diet is earthworms. I've seen evidence of their worm digging in NJ

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

Believe it or not, this critter is pure dog.  It's called a Tamaskan and it's the result of crossing huskies and shepherds.    

Although technically since dogs, wolves, and coyotes all produces fertile offspring they are genetically all the same animal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog

Modern sled doogs in Alaksa have been seletivly Breed for Racing , Hardly resembling  the Familur Huskys or Malmuts.  DNA testing is impotant so no inter breeding takes place.  

Denali-sled-dogs-Royal-and-Smore.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

These are the better of alot of trail cam pics I have gotten of these two over the years. They are from south jersey and two different spots.  I would love to get a full body mount of that bottom one.  

image.jpeg.92443a6d72f6bd8e73568ae5246dadbe.jpegimage.thumb.png.fd99e9f180b6399ab63b16b8da3c8d86.png

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

3 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Our coyotes are absolutely hybrids.  Here are two coyotes that looked outside of the normal coyote look

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

Shooting yotes with your daughter, it doesn’t get much better than that!