IGNORED

JRHunt's Ohio buck. For those that know him from NJH

DBuck

Thanks everyone.  So right when Covid hit I fled NJ and moved to Fl.  I got friendly with my neighbor and when he heard I hunted he said I could hunt his property in Ohio.  Naturally I said how many acres do you have?   180 in one of the top counties.   So this summer I went and checked it out and put out trail cams.  3 weeks ago I went and hung a few ladder stands.  The cameras showed there were at least 3 decent bucks.   And the 10 pt I killed today often moved mid morning.    So today was openng day of archery and at daybreak a 4 point walked by,then at nine 2 yearlings browsed past.   At 10am i see movement to my left and in come a doe but the wind was getting shifty so she began to walk away.   2 mn later to my left i see movement and its a buck i have dozens of pics of.  I can see his white patch thru the woods but im worried about him catching my wind.  He never stopped until he was broadside at 23 yards.  He knew something wasnt right but i had already drawn my bow back and quickly let an arrow fly.  I hit slightly high but was confident i caught both lungs .  After an hour i followed a heavy blood trail 90 yards right to him.   >>>—>

2 minutes ago, JRhunt said:

Thanks everyone.  So right when Covid hit I fled NJ and moved to Fl.  I got friendly with my neighbor and when he heard I hunted he said I could hunt his property in Ohio.  Naturally I said how many acres do you have?   180 in one of the top counties.   So this summer I went and checked it out and put out trail cams.  3 weeks ago I went and hung a few ladder stands.  The cameras showed there were at least 3 decent bucks.   And the 10 pt I killed today often moved mid morning.    So today was openng day of archery and at daybreak a 4 point walked by,then at nine 2 yearlings browsed past.   At 10am i see movement to my left and in come a doe but the wind was getting shifty so she began to walk away.   2 mn later to my left i see movement and its a buck i have dozens of pics of.  I can see his white patch thru the woods but im worried about him catching my wind.  He never stopped until he was broadside at 23 yards.  He knew something wasnt right but i had already drawn my bow back and quickly let an arrow fly.  I hit slightly high but was confident i caught both lungs .  After an hour i followed a heavy blood trail 90 yards right to him.   >>>—>

Congratulations and welcome to the site 

1 hour ago, JRhunt said:

Yooo!  Good to see you on here!  Congrats on a heck of a buck and life in FL!

9 hours ago, JRhunt said:

Congrats!  Great buck! 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….