IGNORED

Is it Tuna Time?

NJNewbie

Going to try and make the run on Sat, but my reports have been far and few between. Not sure if the fishing has thinned out, or my sources just aren't getting them. Thinking of checking out little Italy area then maybe heading south to tolten. Anyone been out recently and done well at any of the inshore spots? Will make a canyons trip later in the season but sat wont be running that far. I have all the setups to troll jig or pop, so likely will be cruising around a lot and burning fuel. Any advice is appreciated. 

Slow but can turn on any day.  Go make the report & have fun!   Had some bait at Little Italy. South of that was dead. If possible I would head more east. Looks like better water out that way.  Good luck!

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

Good reports recently have been hard to come by. I was out recently. Hit the triple wrecks followed by the Hudson. Plenty of life and marking bait but tuna marks were few and far in between. Can’t catch them on the couch though. Good luck. Likely gonna be going back out this coming week trying to make a report. Let us know how you do. 

Ended up getting some last minute tips of a spot some friends saw fish busting on Friday but did not connect. Decided to throw my original plan out the window and run out for a few hours sat. We got a late start and didn't leave the doc until 3pm. We were lines in the water at 4:45 and back in the bay by 7:15pm. 

Got a king Mack on the second cast, it blew a mantra popper out of the water, then this guy decided he was hungry. Ended up losing another one on the prop. Overall great day! Fish was right around 50", guessing in the 80lb range. 

tuna.jpg

Whose running this weekend? Sat looks shot to me

Sunday might get to sneak out in the afternoon if the swell dies down a bit and the rain holds off. Looking like its gonna be choppy but sailable. Little worried about the wind against tide scenario, but wont know till I go. 

Sunday Forecast:

N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. S swell 2 to 3 ft at 6 seconds. A chance of showers in the afternoon.