IGNORED

Day 3-B week

BIG PAT

I was out with my 80-year-old dad trying to get him his first bird. We were "that" close, but the birds didn't cooperate and stayed just out of range. Had to leave, I had to go to work and he can't sit for too long. We can't hunt the rest of B, but we have D. They were just jakes, I told him we'll try again during D weeks and try to get a bigger one while we're at it.

Was supposed to get out again this morning but son had to get to doctor in city. Took vl for the week to hunt and got stuck going to doctor instead😡. I still have C week and D week tag. I’d love to get one on public. 

Every bird I have called in over the past week and a half has been a jake. 8 times now. They are like "super Jakes"  full size bodies, full fans,  but little pencil beards anywhere from 2 - 4 in. Should be a bumper crop of gobblers next year.

2 hours ago, NJTrapper said:

Every bird I have called in over the past week and a half has been a jake. 8 times now. They are like "super Jakes"  full size bodies, full fans,  but little pencil beards anywhere from 2 - 4 in. Should be a bumper crop of gobblers next year.

Sure it's not beard rot

I had multiple gobblers sounding off all morning on today's before work hunt in 12.  2 birds 80 yds away stayed in the roost till 7:30.  1 of them gobbled the whole time from 5:45 to 7:30, probably 40-50 gobbles.  They called in another gobbler from a long ways off.  Almost shot twice but just couldnt close the deal.  Back tomorrow & will probably hear nothing.