IGNORED

Stocking days

bucky

I cant believe how many people are fishing before 5 o'clock on stocking days, I warned a couple of younger guys at lunch time the other day, they claimed they were clueless of the law even though stocking signs were clearly posted. I'm never a dick about it, I just let them know the regs. and tell them I could care less because its their fine. I guess the lawlessness in this country is spreading in every direction

Edited by bucky

11 minutes ago, bucky said:

I cant believe how many people are fishing before 5 o'clock on stocking days, I warned a couple of younger guys at lunch time the other day

Correct me if I'm wrong but... that's only at some places that are stocked. Not ALL stocked waters are closed on stocking days according to the digest 

image.png.556129a5c7d9407eb49776f74dfc6966.png

21 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but... that's only at some places that are stocked. Not ALL stocked waters are closed on stocking days according to the digest 

image.png.556129a5c7d9407eb49776f74dfc6966.png

The OP specifically mentioned people fishing before 5pm. That time is for trout stocked waters with in season closures specifically on the days they are stocked and closed to fishing until 5pm. All other waters are open to fishing.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

13 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

The OP specifically mentioned people fishing before 5pm. That time is for trout stocked waters with in season closures specifically on the days they are stocked and closed to fishing until 5pm. All other waters are open to fishing.

There are some trout stocked waters that are open on stocking days (no closures) is what he’s saying. (Or at least there used to be, I haven’t trout fished in Jersey in years to be honest). 

I would assume the OP is talking about the closed waters, since almost all of them are closed, and he seems up to date on the regs lol. 

3 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

There are some trout stocked waters that are open on stocking days (no closures) is what he’s saying. (Or at least there used to be, I haven’t trout fished in Jersey in years to be honest). 

I would assume the OP is talking about the closed waters, since almost all of them are closed, and he seems up to date on the regs lol. 

Yup. Wallkill has no in season closure, meaning you can fish while they stock

Think I’ve told this story before, but roughly 25 years ago, I gave my boss my two week notice and in sales, that’s your last day. So I took the two weeks before the new job started and went fishing basically 14 straight days. It was during this time of year and I was on a different river or stream every day and often more than one a day. I’m also a C&R only angler for trout, so I wasn’t thinking about closed days. 

It was a Tuesday and I stopped at Hoffman Crossing Bridge above the KL Gorge and suited up. As I was walking down the trail to the river, a pickup with two guys in it stops on the bridge and begin to unload obscenities like I had just slapped their momma upside the head. Let’s say a slight overreaction. I hadn’t even considered the regs for that day and I’m someone that follows them religiously for the most part. I’ll never forget how pissed they were and I hadn’t yet reached the river. A polite, “hey, the river is closed until 5” was all they needed to do.