IGNORED

Best Venison/Game Dinner

nmc02

I have attended MANY venison/game dinners throughout the years. By far, the best dinner I attended was the Vernon PBA game dinner, it ended several years ago. I also attended the game dinner at the Black Forest Inn....I was not impressed. I use to organize a dinner at an Irish restaurant that was decent, not fantastic...ended w covid. I recently attended a venison dinner in Riverdale that was VERY good. I also have attended some horrible dinners. Anyway, which dinner is the best????!!!

Persona Farms in Andover used to do a phenomenal game dinner with chefs from all over the country cooking everything from raccoon to moose.  Went twice about 20 years ago before it got real expensive.  I haven’t heard about it in quite a while. 

3 hours ago, hvnj said:

Persona Farms in Andover used to do a phenomenal game dinner with chefs from all over the country cooking everything from raccoon to moose.  Went twice about 20 years ago before it got real expensive.  I haven’t heard about it in quite a while. 

I believe the business was sold a bunch of years back and they discontinued that dinner. It was always getting great reviews as I recall. 

I honestly believe guys here could each make a dish for a get together and rival any game dinner ever had .

‘lots of good stuff shown here every week , with tons of variety .

from prime cuts to burger meals .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

11 hours ago, TroutandBucks said:

I have been too a few different ones over the years. I thought black forest inn one was good and I enjoy the one time I came to the dinner at the Irish Cottage 

My favorite one is at the the Elks in Ridgefield Park 

Ridgefield Park was by far the best. It was always packed, their microphone never worked and every comedian (except uncle floyd) got booed off the stage after a few minutes. It's a shame they don't do it anymore. Always a great time.

NJ Fed.of Sportsmen's Clubs  used to have one in a German Restaurant up route 23,maybe Oak Ridge? The best I ever been too. Miss it! We use to go to one in Hoboken.They bought the stew out in spackle buckets.Usually a fight would break out before the night was thru. Fun times! I think the Black Forest Inn is top notch.

Edited by toxo