IGNORED

Tiger Woods returns from near death!

BowhunterNJ

Near death?  He badly damaged his legs, but he was never near death. ;)

Let’s face it, we all want him to win. Our nation absolutely loves the hero becomes the goat becomes the hero again story.  I will watch all day Sunday if he’s in the hunt. 

20 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Near death?  He badly damaged his legs, but he was never near death. ;)

Let’s face it, we all want him to win. Our nation absolutely loves the hero becomes the goat becomes the hero again story.  I will watch all day Sunday if he’s in the hunt. 

Alright, I sensationalized a little, but that crash was not minor, he's lucky he only had a mangled leg.

His vehicle came off the road at high speed – between 84-87mph according to black box data – hit the central curb and a tree and rolled multiple times before coming to rest on an embankment.
The road Woods was driving on had a speed limit of 45mph.
Woods’ vehicle suffered serious damage, and emergency services had to extract him from the wreckage through the windscreen.

No doubt, his story reminds me a bit of Ben Hogan who was also was in a terrible car accident and came back to golf to win 6 more majors.

Valerie, who was protected by her husband from being ejected through the front windshield, sustained minor injuries. But Ben, the reigning U.S. Open and PGA champion, was hurt severely. He suffered a broken left ankle, contusions to his left leg, a broken collarbone, a cracked rib, a double fracture of the pelvis, a head abrasion and internal injuries. Even so, he escaped certain death, as the engine of his car had pushed into the steering column, which in turn was propelled through the driver’s seat.

It took an hour to extricate Hogan from the wreckage and 90 minutes before an ambulance arrived. In the confusion, no one had immediately called for assistance. “Ben couldn’t understand why no one was coming to help us,” Valerie said later. He complained most about the pain in his mangled left leg.

Mangled leg eh........thats nothing look at John Daly he played for years .......he didnt need to overcome anything he just played with it........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

13 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

The amazing thing is overcoming an injury that at that level of competition is usually a career ender. Hats off to him

I think that is sensationalizing this just a bit.  He's a golfer, not an athlete in the NHL, NFL or NBA.  Games like golf and baseball require tremendous skill, but virtually zero athletic ability.  You don't even need a perfect swing to be a good golfer.  You just need consistency.  

Sure his injury was serious and devastating, but if can compete at a high level in golf after an injury like that, it isn't a testament to Woods,  it's a testament to how little athleticism it takes to play golf.

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

I think that is sensationalizing this just a bit.  He's a golfer, not an athlete in the NHL, NFL or NBA.  Games like golf and baseball require tremendous skill, but virtually zero athletic ability.  You don't even need a perfect swing to be a good golfer.  You just need consistency.  

Sure his injury was serious and devastating, but if can compete at a high level in golf after an injury like that, it isn't a testament to Woods,  it's a testament to how little athleticism it takes to play golf.

Have to disagree, consistency is key in golf and any major incident to a muscle group grossly affects it. 

AWM

If you go back and look at what his leg looked like last year you'd be amazed. 

Also most here on this site know nothing about golf. This isn't a day to ride a golf cart, drink beers and smoke cigars.  Those dudes are walking the ENTIRE course. 

You roll your ankle or tweak your knee you ain't playing 3 holes let alone 18. 

Like em or hate him it was quite the feat yesterday.