IGNORED

Good Mid Price AR Suggestions.

OldMenRule

Do you want to build it? Or buy a complete gun? I bought a stripped lower and a complete rifle kit from PSA and I gotta say I was impressed with the fit and finish. It all went together really nice and the best part is I got a badass gun for less than $500 out the door. (Still gonna need sights or glass) Unless you’re friggin seal team 6, you’re paying extra for a logo. Cheap guns shoot and look just as good. 

8 minutes ago, the truth said:

Do you want to build it? Or buy a complete gun? I bought a stripped lower and a complete rifle kit from PSA and I gotta say I was impressed with the fit and finish. It all went together really nice and the best part is I got a badass gun for less than $500 out the door. (Still gonna need sights or glass) Unless you’re friggin seal team 6, you’re paying extra for a logo. Cheap guns shoot and look just as good. 

This is good advice, I should’ve done it. Sourced all my parts individually and maybe I got a slightly more custom build and possibly saved $10 but the complete kits are 100% the way to go

I went and built my own. Did some reading and research and made a hunting set up with a heavy bull barrel. 

Now for fun I went ahead and picked up an aero upper to play with on that lower and just switch as needed.

3 hours ago, the truth said:

Complete gun is more to my liking. I don't trust myself with a Lego set much less building a rifle... 

17 hours ago, bushden said:

Get some vintage military weapons and you will put the AR's in the back of the safe.

Actually i went through that phase . I had a Garand, I had an enfield . I like accurate guns that function well nostalgia doesn't do anything for me. 

I am not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing its just me. I had a collection on 1911 pistols from the 70's in .38 super, 9 mm and 45 . Old single action revolvers too. 

I sold all that stuff and went for modern more accurate ( in my opinion) weapons. I will take a plastic stock Savage that shoots well over the Garand i had. 

Do not get me wrong i understand liking the old military weapons and some are very accurate. To me its like old cars I love them but a new Mustand GT will destroy my 68 GT that i had in high school. Out handle it out accelerate it and better gas mileage and less break downs ( in general) 

18 hours ago, flukebelly said:

Not that im getting a commission or anything , but its worth the 50 bucks in gas .

plus i need someone to buy it before i just say “ what the hell “ and buy another gun I don’t really need. Lol

EXCESS IS NEVER ENOUGH! You should get it! Lol

Just me, but never regretted a purchase. Lol

Aero Precision. I use their uppers and lowers in 90% of my builds. Their fit and finish is excellent. I will never buy an off the shelf AR again because I can assemble what I want.

PWS would be my second choice. Thats one of the only shelf ARs I own and the piston setup is sweet.

Smith MP is a great entry level rifle. Theres some slop between upper and lower but if your just gonna go out and shoot shit up with it it will provide more smiles than your face can handle.

13 hours ago, the truth said:

Do you want to build it? Or buy a complete gun? I bought a stripped lower and a ..... . It all went together really nice and the best part is I got a badass gun for less than $500 out the door.

Or, you can start getting carried away when you're choosing the different gun components and end up building an expensive rifle. I know. lol

10 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

Complete gun is more to my liking. I don't trust myself with a Lego set much less building a rifle... 

With the AR platform, though ... it is a simple and fun process. Minimal tools. I can point you to an outstanding tutorial for beginners.  

Anyway, good luck with your choice of rifle. New guns ... always a fun time in life.

Edited by Jim_

1 hour ago, Slayer1962 said:

Actually i went through that phase . I had a Garand, I had an enfield . I like accurate guns that function well nostalgia doesn't do anything for me. 

I am not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing its just me. I had a collection on 1911 pistols from the 70's in .38 super, 9 mm and 45 . Old single action revolvers too. 

I sold all that stuff and went for modern more accurate ( in my opinion) weapons. I will take a plastic stock Savage that shoots well over the Garand i had. 

Do not get me wrong i understand liking the old military weapons and some are very accurate. To me its like old cars I love them but a new Mustand GT will destroy my 68 GT that i had in high school. Out handle it out accelerate it and better gas mileage and less break downs ( in general) 

I hear you, I am deep into Military and love to shoot them, with every pull of the trigger I imagine what that gun must have done during WWI (1903A3) or WWII (M1 Garand) Brit Enfield , Italian Carcano, German Mauser, Russan Mosin etc.

I have taken my M1, 1903A3 and Mosin to NY State and taken deer there with the MOSIN, my best NY deer ever was taken with a Mosin (pic below)

I love shooting the old military guns from every country. I can feel the spirit's of the soldiers who carried them before me.

122.jpg

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

Or, you can start getting carried away when you're choosing the different gun components and end up building an expensive rifle. I know. lol

With the AR platform, though ... it is a simple and fun process. Minimal tools. I can point you to an outstanding tutorial for beginners.  

Anyway, good luck with your choice of rifle. New guns ... always a fun time in life.

Appreciate the offer and thanks. given it's my first such rifle I'll stick with a completed rifle. Whatever I wind up with I will put an A2 stock on it unless I purchase a full length retro type rifle. I like that feel and look. 

20 hours ago, CJ3a said:

Other than the triggers and barrel I don’t see much difference in high or low end AR’s.   

I thought that.  Then bought an HK MR762.  I don't think that anymore. Anybody who knows AR's puts the HK in their hand and knows its something a bit different.