IGNORED

Good Mid Price AR Suggestions.

OldMenRule

25 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I have the Ruger .556. 

It's the 1st one I've owned so I don't know any better. 

No problems and happy with it so far. 

I think I paid around 650

Same here except I paid $5oo at Tanner's in PA but was a few years back.

Only thing I changed was the trigger (Timney 3 lbs.) thing is a tack driver!

3 minutes ago, optowalt said:

I bought this in Pa last month when I was hunting there.  Think I'll ever be able to bring it home?

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/ruger-ar-556-autoloading-semi-auto-rifle-with-m-lok-handguard-and-sig-sauer-romeo4t-red-dot-sight

You can if you get a smaller mag, fixed stock, and new barrel without threads.  Because those things make it scary.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I'm going to pin the stock and get a cap over the threads.  Also get rid of the pistol grip.  The mag was easy.  Done. Has anyone ever heard of a Monsterman Grip? It's supposed to make everything good in Ca so it must be good here. 

You can keep the pistol grip. Pin the stock. Install a legal muzzle brake (pin it), and plug the magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

No one is asking, but I will still say it.....I am one of the few that is not an AR platform fan. If I am buying a rifle, it's for accuracy. Accuracy=bolt action.

I have always been a bolt action fan. Not a " classic " bolt action but my favorite is the Ruger Gunsite Scout. Also like the Savage 110. I would just like to try a different platform and the AR seem like an interesting choice 

16 hours ago, optowalt said:

I bought this in Pa last month when I was hunting there.  Think I'll ever be able to bring it home?

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/ruger-ar-556-autoloading-semi-auto-rifle-with-m-lok-handguard-and-sig-sauer-romeo4t-red-dot-sight

You'd have to bring it to an ffl who can pin the stock and the muzzle. Who knows how many high capacity mags were turned in after the 10 round limit law went into effect. You might be able to get a new upper shipped to you unpinned. However to use it at a range in NJ you'll have to get it pinned and buy some 10 round mags.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

You'd have to bring it to an ffl who can pin the stock and the muzzle. Who knows how many high capacity mags were turned in after the 10 round limit law went into effect. You might be able to get a new upper shipped to you unpinned. However to use it at a range in NJ you'll have to get it pinned and buy some 10 round mags.

Is there a law in place that says this has to be done by an FFL? Shouldn’t a gunsmith be able to do this? Or any competent person?

7 minutes ago, tjfslaughter said:

Is there a law in place that says this has to be done by an FFL? Shouldn’t a gunsmith be able to do this? Or any competent person?

You can check with a gunsmith, wouldn't hurt.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

1 hour ago, tjfslaughter said:

I pinned both the stock and muzzle brake myself. Is there a law I broke?