IGNORED

Stand Height

electricstart

I NEVER go more than 15' and I do not use any camo other than what I am wearing. If you can stay still you will be successful.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

The lower the better IMHO.   The higher you are the steeper the angle of the shot.   I want to shoot across the lungs not down through them.  Steep angles often result in one lung instead of two.   
Sure, but a two inch hole coming out thru the sternum leaves a great blood trail. No filling up needed. Instant blood

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

Sure, but a two inch hole coming out thru the sternum leaves a great blood trail. No filling up needed. Instant blood

That’s why guys lose so many deer . 
One  lung deer can go miles on adrenaline more often than those that die quickly .  

imo anything over 20’ is Decreasing  your chance at hitting both lungs 

and a high hit with only an entry hole buried into the brisket of offside isn’t always giving you the greatest blood trail .

also high lung areas have less capillaries than the mid to lower areas of the lungs have 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

That’s why guys lose so many deer . 
One  lung deer can go miles on adrenaline more often than those that die quickly .  

imo anything over 20’ is Decreasing  your chance at hitting both lungs 
and a high hit with only an entry hole buried into the brisket of offside isn’t always giving you the greatest blood trail .
also high lung areas have less capillaries than the mid to lower areas of the lungs have 

I have taken 6 deer so far this season. From 12 yards out to 45 yards all from 25-30 feet up the furthest I tracked is 65 yards. Most drop with in 30.

14 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

I have taken 6 deer so far this season. From 12 yards out to 45 yards all from 25-30 feet up the furthest I tracked is 65 yards. Most drop with in 30.

The further the deer is from you the more you can get away being higher as the angle decreases .

Little chance  your getting 2 lungs except on an extreme quartering away shot at under 15 yards from 30’.

On those extreme angles you really need to be hitting the heart to put them down quickly .

after shooting hundreds of deer with the bow and trailing a few hundred more for friends , extreme height usually isn’t to the benefit of the hunter .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

15 feet when I used a compound, since I switched to crossbow around 10 feet is good always picking a tree with branches or good surrounding cover. My buddies are always breaking my balls for setting up so low but when done right it works well :up: And of course always consider the wind

Edited by bucky