IGNORED

Stand Height

electricstart

The further the deer is from you the more you can get away being higher as the angle decreases .
Little chance  your getting 2 lungs except on an extreme quartering away shot at under 15 yards from 30’.
On those extreme angles you really need to be hitting the heart to put them down quickly .

after shooting hundreds of deer with the bow and trailing a few hundred more for friends , extreme height usually isn’t to the benefit of the hunter .

I totally get it. I worked most my life as a machinist and fabrication welder. I understand geometry. When I aim I'm looking at the out hole not the in shot. If that makes sense

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

I totally get it. I worked most my life as a machinist and fabrication welder. I understand geometry. When I aim I'm looking at the out hole not the in shot. If that makes sense

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I get it , aim for the exit .

like shooting through a tube .

I don’t even see the near side where my pin settles , ever

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I was 17 ft in this tree.  About 10 ft inside the wood line.  Pulled a branch down and tied it to tree so I had somthing In front of me..  this is the tree I shot my buck from.  The scrape he was making is in the far right of the pic..  he never new I was there and neither did this spike

20211110_142258.jpg

I ve hunted stands 20 feet up. Most of my stands were ladder stands at 15 feet. I killed a lot of deer from a stand I could reach my hand up and touch the platform. I had a lot of background cover. Since my back surgery I can’t go up in a stand. I climb up and I’m scared to death. Can’t even pull the bow up. Now I hunt from ground blind or just from the ground.

Last deer taken was from about 25 feet ( tugging crossbow up with climber) . Deer was 26 yards literally standing in the bait pile. Dropped in the bait pile for some reason. 

Double lung and it dropped and did not even kick , never saw this before . Deer had no will to live i guess. Anyhow at 26 yards the angle was not too bad , a little high on entry and a little low on exit but clearly both lungs destroyed . Thorn broadhead looked like a hatchet hit her in the side