IGNORED

BEAR HUNT REVIVAL ATTEMPT BY FISH AND GAME

FeniQuest217

Okay i had to post this

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/2021/09/14/nj-fish-game-council-oks-emergency-bear-hunt-which-needs-approval/8334939002/

F&G sent and emergency bear hunt to Murphy's desk, Not only is this ballsy - however since election time is only a few months away if he signs this he'll deter some voters (probably NOT ENOUGH to get rid of him in November) but just wanted to give you all some good needs by F&G for ya!

DFW is 100% at fault for this whole debacle. They let those animal rights nutjobs make a spectacle of the entire thing by allowing all that nonsense to go on for years at the weigh station. The media ate it up and the know nothings on this state sides with the antis.

If they don't plan on doing something to fix it they may as well not even have a bear hunt. They will eventually be begging hunters to do something about the bears when they are living in every patch of woods behind all the strip malls in central NJ.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, PineBoy2013 said:

DFW is 100% at fault for this whole debacle. They let those animal rights nutjobs make a spectacle of the entire thing by allowing all that nonsense to go on for years at the weigh station. The media ate it up and the know nothings on this state sides with the antis.

If they don't plan on doing something to fix it they may as well not even have a bear hunt. They will eventually be begging hunters to do something about the bears when they are living in every patch of woods behind all the strip malls in central NJ.

You are incorrect. The Division was forced to allow spectators via a court order. Believe me, nobody wanted that. And I believe it was only at the Whittingham check station. 

You are incorrect. The Division was forced to allow spectators via a court order. Believe me, nobody wanted that. And I believe it was only at the Whittingham check station. 
They could have done a better job shielding hunters from all of that nonsense. Even though they were allowed there to protest they could have done a much better job making thencheck in private. They were fully aware those morons were doxxing and harassing hunters online and in real life and did nothing about it. Putting their license plates on social media and encouraging people to gobafter them. They were calling and showing up at people's businesses as well as leaving negative reviews online. All of this was brought to the attention of DFW and they didn't attempt to do anything about it. Instead hunters were made to stand there and be screamed at and have people jumping in front of their vehicles when they were trying to leave.

If we ever get the bear hunt back all of that needs to change. When I checked my bears at Pequest it was totally secluded and private. They either need to get rid of the check station all together or come up with a better plan.

1 hour ago, FeniQuest217 said:

Okay i had to post this

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/2021/09/14/nj-fish-game-council-oks-emergency-bear-hunt-which-needs-approval/8334939002/

F&G sent and emergency bear hunt to Murphy's desk, Not only is this ballsy - however since election time is only a few months away if he signs this he'll deter some voters (probably NOT ENOUGH to get rid of him in November) but just wanted to give you all some good needs by F&G for ya!

Are there more bear activist than hunter? It may be an even split.

18 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

What actually bothers me about the article discussing the topic - none of it goes into the reason for conservation. They just say oh crops gets impacted.

They dont talk about what hungry bears will do if they're starving, like eating cubs. The fact that the higher the population in an area, more bears will starve.

The impact that has on the rest of wildlife in a particular area is never ever mentioned. That is the stuff they need to write about it bc thats the example of true negligence going on here by Murphy. 

They can't even get more than 20 to 30 people to show up at their events and that's on a good day. Mostly it's the same six or seven cat ladies making all the noise. They have huge antihunting networks on social media. They were having the same people calling the governors office every single day and many of those calls were coming from out of state.

We greatly outnumber them here in NJ, but like anything else, whether it's hunting or 2A issues, you can't get people from our side to show up orbstand together

21 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

This just plays into the hands of the anti hunters. The sportsman are only 85 k strong and probably only 35% voted  the activists against hunting are how many?

Hunters are 2 percent of the population.  Anti hunters are 2 percent of the population.  We are not trying to bring antis to our side we are trying to bring those on the fence with really no opinion on hunting.  We need to educate and show hunters in a good light.  The issue is when a hunter makes a mistake and is seen by the public they tend to fall to the anti side.

Edited by vdep217

16 minutes ago, PineBoy2013 said:

They can't even get more than 20 to 30 people to show up at their events and that's on a good day. Mostly it's the same six or seven cat ladies making all the noise. They have huge antihunting networks on social media. They were having the same people calling the governors office every single day and many of those calls were coming from out of state.

We greatly outnumber them here in NJ, but like anything else, whether it's hunting or 2A issues, you can't get people from our side to show up orbstand together

We do not out number them anti hunter and hunter population is around 2 percent each