IGNORED

Gonna be a chilly hike in the A.M.

Rusty

Once you get going a mile or so it will feel like a nice autum day.  I know you already know the basic , dress in layers, can take off, put back on, etc. Head , feet and hands or the key to be comfortable.  Have fun. This is when I try to do my scouting, assuming there is snow on the ground,  walk 5-7 miles looking for the "yarding areas ", mark it on the GPS, usally the thickest part for protection for the deer and I'll try to setup during 6day nearby,  they feel secure there. But need snow .

7 hours ago, nmc02 said:

... will help you decide if a hike is necessary 

Oh it's necessary.   My buddy wanted to do the whole NJ section of the AT so we started at the Gap 2 months ago and do 10 miles each Saturday morning.  Today is the last day, we'll reach the NY state line around 10:00 this morning.  

Heading out.  It's a balmy 7 degrees with no wind, don't think I'll need a coat.  

Edited by Rusty

15 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Oh it's necessary.   My buddy wanted to do the whole NJ section of the AT so we started at the Gap 2 months ago and do 10 miles each Saturday morning.  Today is the last day, we'll reach the NY state line around 10:00 this morning.  

Heading out.  It's a balmy 7 degrees with no wind, don't think I'll need a coat.  

Stay on the trail buddy....

image.png.92a33dac2e46d60d753c61a94ca5ea08.png