IGNORED

10/19 Check in

Greybeard

9 minutes ago, Liv2huntnfish123 said:

Well after 3 years of hunting, he’s not big but happy he is down and punched my first buck tag!   Deer were moving like crazy this morning and this guy wouldn’t give me a shot for a long time( Atleast felt like forever).  Kept eating away at the food block and finally turned broadside and I made my shot. I gave it 45 mins. Great blood on arrow and great blood trail.  I found him and went close. Out of no where he got up and ran! My heart sunk. I backed out. Few hours went by I came back and  just found him about 100yds further away.  Thank God I backed out!

B9D57412-D871-4D6C-BB67-8BC23C6B087B.jpeg

Great job, congrats :up:

10 minutes ago, Liv2huntnfish123 said:

Well after 3 years of hunting, he’s not big but happy he is down and punched my first buck tag!   Deer were moving like crazy this morning and this guy wouldn’t give me a shot for a long time( Atleast felt like forever).  Kept eating away at the food block and finally turned broadside and I made my shot. I gave it 45 mins. Great blood on arrow and great blood trail.  I found him and went close. Out of no where he got up and ran! My heart sunk. I backed out. Few hours went by I came back and  just found him about 100yds further away.  Thank God I backed out!

B9D57412-D871-4D6C-BB67-8BC23C6B087B.jpeg

Congrats on your first buck!

52 minutes ago, Liv2huntnfish123 said:

Congrats on your first!!!  What did you learn from your shot?  Liver maybe part of a lung I would guess.  Sounds very much like a liver hit.  Try to learn from every kill.   I still do exactly that -  35 years of bowhunting later....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….