IGNORED

What’s Everyone Using This Year?!

ElevatedHunter

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It gets sicker when you shoot it. small light with too much power :happywave:
Tanks

How are you liking it compared to the stealth?  Noise, carrying it, shooting it, etc.  Any regrets switching?  Don't know which way to go if I get another.  Can't decide if I want to go traditional limbs for simplicity, or radical for size and speed.

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

How are you liking it compared to the stealth?  Noise, carrying it, shooting it, etc.  Any regrets switching?  Don't know which way to go if I get another.  Can't decide if I want to go traditional limbs for simplicity, or radical for size and speed.

Maybe the noise level is up a little but whats the difference when 10 point, and really all bows, make enough noise for deer to hear it from very far. The size is definitely a plus while carrying it and shooting. It is so much easier to shoot freehand with elbow rested on your mid section because the bow is short. The only negative so far is reloading. I don;t think you can make a follow up shot, although I never had to make one. It takes too long and it makes this clicking noise that will for sure drive all deer away. We will see how it does on the woods.

Ok, I'll be the first one to admit that I still use a 30 year old bow. Or, am I the only one that does? lol

Jennings T-Star II, 5-pin sight, shoot fingers. GameGetter arrows. Thunderhead bh's.

Just substitute my ugly mug for Tom Jennings' in this old ad I found … I'm getting  lots of gray hair, and I wear old-school camo :up:

One month away.

bow.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

Ok, I'll be the first one to admit that I still use a 30 year old bow. Or, am I the only one that does? lol

Jennings T-Star II, 5-pin sight, shoot fingers. GameGetter arrows. Thunderhead bh's.

Just substitute my ugly mug for Tom Jennings' in this old ad I found … I'm getting  lots of gray hair, and I wear old-school camo :up:

One month away.

bow.jpg

You just described my golden years of shooting my first compound, Bear Whitetail with 4 pulley cable system. 4 pin sight set for 5-10-15-20, fingers, gamegetters.  Went from bear single blade heads with bleeders to satellite to wasp to thunderheads.  Still wearing woodland camo army surplus stuff too.  Had the same camo in the pic, too.  Might still have it.  That's the only bow I sold because a friend asked to buy it.  Wish I kept it.

Edited by Greybeard

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Maybe the noise level is up a little but whats the difference when 10 point, and really all bows, make enough noise for deer to hear it from very far. The size is definitely a plus while carrying it and shooting. It is so much easier to shoot freehand with elbow rested on your mid section because the bow is short. The only negative so far is reloading. I don;t think you can make a follow up shot, although I never had to make one. It takes too long and it makes this clicking noise that will for sure drive all deer away. We will see how it does on the woods.

I don't think you could get a follow up shot with any crossbow unless the deer is dumb, deaf, and blind, or tangled in the volleyball net..

On 8/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, JHbowhunter said:

60#, 28" draw, 2018 Matthews Triax. Trophy Ridge fixed 5-pin site, and QAD ultra rest.

Cabelas Stalker Extreme arrows - 340 spine, 9.3 gpi...   125gr 3-blade VPA solid steel COC BH's.

These fixed blade bh's have been so  remarkably effective, practical and economical they are boring for past 8 years or so.    Contemplating a big mechanical for my EAB doe, just for the helluva it.     Bow is pictured with it’s first buck taken last season after retiring the z7.  Put the black limbs on it - green strings. Green and white blazer vanes

A6F89F43-43A9-47A4-9383-1BC3892F2BC3.jpeg

That bow missed more than it harvested last year .

At least the first one was a good one .:happywave:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Hold your finger down on the part that xlicks . You will be holding the weight of the bow but the click won't be there and you can let the finger down at any time and it will lock in. I recocked it once while in the tree after shooting a deer to possibly take a shot at another that didn't take off far. I was able to do it but decided not to shoot the deer because it was smaller than I thought was worth the time of butchering. So it is possible but very very difficult to make all that movement and not get busted 

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

One month away.

bow.jpg

I have one of these hanging in my basement.  Split limb T I think. 

27 minutes ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Hold your finger down on the part that xlicks . You will be holding the weight of the bow but the click won't be there and you can let the finger down at any time and it will lock in. I recocked it once while in the tree after shooting a deer to possibly take a shot at another that didn't take off far. I was able to do it but decided not to shoot the deer because it was smaller than I thought was worth the time of butchering. So it is possible but very very difficult to make all that movement and not get busted 

Thanks, I will give it a try, it will help

44 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That bow missed more than it harvested last year .

At least the first one was a good one .:happywave:

yeah but I got me a RANGE FINDER now - wasn't the bow's fault - it was the operator. These old eyes don't work as good as they used to.    Also cleaned up shooting lanes in both spots where epic failure occurred.  Epic in that, what was already an GREAT season (other than losing my dad), would have been an EPIC season had I not messed up on two more P&Y bucks.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 8/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

I will be using my Parker crossbow with Muzzys at Jack hunting spots when he’s at work.  Jay works from home, so I won’t be hunting his spots until later in the season when he gets real busy.

Smart move. Saves time on all that scouting bull crap. All you have to do is find their stands.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW