IGNORED

Dicks Sporting goods trail cam sale..

hunt1940

They can shove their deal. For years i have been buying elsewhere, not only hunt/fish gear but soccer equip., softball equip. etc. I send copies of my receipts to them with a simple email explaining why they aren’t getting any of those sales. Don’t know if they read it but it makes me feel better LOL

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

I ordered two plus some gloves to get it over $50 to get the free shipping. I buy there and will continue as long as the prices are lower than anywhere else,  All the retailers are pretty much the same its all about money and any one of them will sell us down the drain for a dollar. Money is tight and I go where the best deal is, these stores that are giving stuff away are all on their way out anyway and my guess is Dicks won't make another two years and Cabelas & Bass Pro is right behind them.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

18 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I can see the sports equipment being an issue. I'd probably go there to see things in person then order elsewhere online just to avoid giving them business.  But that takes time.  I'd rather just buy online based on reviews and return if I don't like it.  

Why go on line buy from your mom and pop store.

9 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Should have thought about all this shit when you all sat on your asses and didn't go out and vote.  Only 35% of registered voters voted for governor and what % were sportsman.  You all shot yourselves in the foot Dicks didn't do it for you.

You’re looking to make enemies very quickly coming on here accusing all of us of sitting on our asses and not voting. Be careful making false accusations. You sure you already didn’t get a foot up your ass because there is a lot shit coming out of that mouth of yours. Just saying 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Dicks didn't try to stop the bear hunt, Dicks didn't pass these stupid gun laws, Dick's didn't say when i get into office i'm going to raise your taxes etc. etc. Like i said 35% of registered voters came out to vote where was everyone else. And you can't tell me every sportsman came out to vote. Just saying. Have a nice holiday.

Edited by ithaca10

15 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" or in this case the average consumer.  

The whole boycotting thing is nonsense.  I've been drinking Yuengling my entire adult (and teenage :lol:) life.  I've got a fridge full of it now in preparation for the coming festivities, and its a staple of every picnic, family gathering, holiday dinner, etc...we have or go to.  Fast forward to NYE 2017 we go to my sister-in-law's house.  When we get there I ask my BIL for a Yuengling and he kind of looks at the floor and is like "Oh, we only have, ummmm..." and my SIL cuts in and says they won't buy Yuengling anymore because the Yuengling family heavily supported Trump in the 2016 election :rolleyes:  I explained to them that I wouldn't care if Yuengling donated 100% of their profits to Bernie, Trump, or any of the morons in between-Nobody is going to deprive me of my beer of choice over politics.  Not to mention the fact that as a follow up I asked them if they had done their research on the manufacturers of EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING IN THEIR HOUSE to see if those companies supported Trump.  They had no answer :rofl: 

Needless to say I make certain we stop to pickup a frosty six pack of Lager on the way to every gathering there from now on...  Point number one is that boycotts and silly and pointless "feelgood" activism that ultimately accomplishes nothing.  Point number two is that its impossible to be consistent.  You can't possibly research every single company whose products or services you consume to be sure that they align with your personal politics.  Not to mention the fact that for many of us, our politics are rather complicated.  I'm not a "team player" (ie: one side isn't always right) so I normally don't participate in the political pissing contests on the site, but felt compelled to weigh in here.

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

55 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Should have thought about all this shit when you all sat on your asses and didn't go out and vote.  Only 35% of registered voters voted for governor and what % were sportsman.  You all shot yourselves in the foot Dicks didn't do it for you.

From some comments on here I am sure many hunters voted for the give away democrats anyway

Edited by Lunatic

51 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Why go on line buy from your mom and pop store.

Because the mom and pop stores cannot compete with the online store item availability and prices, brick and mortar stores are are a thing of the past.  I do frequent the small business run from home when availability of product and price is close.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL