IGNORED

Accidents happen. So I was told

DBuck

I believe what he said could be construed as a terroristic threat. I would have called the warden and the local Leo's which I always have on speed dial.

a scope is a sight not binoculars

There should be a law stating anyone hunting with a scope should also be in possession of a pair of binoculars equal to or with more power than the scope.

Pretty dumb seems to be more abundant than the numbers show these days. The entitlement ridden me, me, me you are invading my space attitudes are getting out of hand. Sportsmen don't even think of doing this kind of stuff. This guy should be reported as a threat, period.

I would have called a county officer or local P.D. immediately.

During one of the early bear hunts I hit a bear good with a flintlock and it ran about 150 yards and passed another hunter (hunting over bear bait in a tree stand) he followed up with a second shot and called his buddies over. I had 3 guys with guns intimidate me. They tagged the bear. It pissed me off. I asked the guy who tagged it if he was making a rug out of it. He stated yes.

I looked him in the eye and said when you are .....ing your wife on that rug make sure you remember that I am the one who put the fatal shot in it (my shot was in the vitals, his was in the spine). To top it off I told the story to a guy at a local shop and this guy had the nerve to go around bragging about the bear. My buddy at the shop asked him "Isn't that the beat that another hunter shot."

I continued hunting my bait as I knew I had other bears in the area, the guys harassed me for a couple more days but I ended up shooting another bear 2 days later. I hope the guy who was part of this reads this comment! This is why I focus on hunting out of state. Too many low class guys in the woods here.

I was always told the rule was last shot gets the animal with a gun, but kill shot gets the animal with bow.

Idk if that's just a myth or the law.. I never looked to see.

I imagine if the animal came running by me and I put it down i would consider it mine.. unless it was falling down alot and pretty much dead on its feet..

If it made it 150 yards it doesn't sound like the BEST shot.. not that it wouldn't have died in another short distance, but how do you decide? Been there on drives back in the day.. buckshot goes out of everyone lined up and the last guy that fires takes the deer, probably the one who missed too lol.

Other than the part of him hunting over bait from a stand-up may have been in the right.. although maybe not morally right in some eyes..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What Zone ??? Sounds pretty serious to me , you should have called CO and trooper and waited by his vehicle, set him up and see if he continued his hard guy attitude self incrimination or could have taken the sleez ball route and leave a buy 3 get one free Cooper tire from Pep Boys for him to use   :rofl:  :shock:

That db shouldn't be able step foot in our woods. F that. What that db said was plenty loud enough, whether it be a bluff or not. People are nuts and you can't control what someone will or will not do. That is no petty matter IMO! Kudos to you on how you handled the confrontation What zone was this in?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This was in zone 5. I'm hoping to never run into the guy again, because if he gave me a hard time again then I think my temper would get the best of me. I haven't seen his truck there but I'm sure I will, and if I do and have the time I might wait for him to come out and talk to him. This way I can get a look at him to know who I'm dealing with, if he gives me a hard time and threatens me again then I will contact a CO. I don't condone anything he said, but who knows, maybe he was just having a bad day. But I will let him know that the things he said was very asinine, especially towards a fellow hunter, and he's lucky that I am a hunter, because if he said those things to the wrong person that was just hiking or something, he would probably be in a lot of trouble when (not if) they reported him.