IGNORED

Jet Sled?

HamiltonR&G

I bought one for deer hunting for all the reasons listed over the years of reading about them and now I use it also to survey streams and ponds because we can load up the survey gear and drag it through wetlands, over river banks, etc.  It has become invaluable and is often in the back seat of my car. (God, do I need a truck again!).   

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

Look at my pix on page 2. I added a piece of PVC as a handle that 2 people can use. 

I saw that and made a mental note to do that on mine - will make for a more comfortable grip for sure and shorten the rope at the same time!

Edited by madeinuk

12 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

I saw that and made a mental note to do that on mine - will make for a more comfortable grip for sure and shorten the rope at the same time!

It's so much easier on the hands to grip the PVC rather than the rope. Also be sure to cut the PVC long enough so that 2 guys can comfortably grab it.. 

6 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Also be sure to cut the PVC long enough so that 2 guys can comfortably grab it.. 

I agree here. I didn't use PVC, I bought vinyl tubing - like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/UDP-3-16-in-I-D-x-5-16-in-O-D-x-10-ft-Clear-Vinyl-Tubing-T10006004/304185145

But I wish I cut mine long enough. Keep meaning to go get more and put a longer piece on my sled. 

udp-hydroponic-irrigation-tubing-t100060