IGNORED

Salmon Time

OMC

The fish started running on Wednesday, we got there on Thursday and they were still running strong. Friday and Saturday they were just steady filling in the runs we were fishing. There wasn't a time I didn't have fish in front of us. We move around from the top of the DSR all the way to the bottom. 

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

whats the DSR for us non educated guys 

Hammer sorry about that it is the first section of the river about 2-3 miles. It is private and they limit the amount of people that can fish there. It has gotten pretty pricey over the years but IMO worth it for the ethics ( no snagging or ripping ) and space.. You can find sections to fish without being shoulder to shoulder. Yesterday we just drove around from the town to the hatchery just pure madness. Fished for a few hours but glad we didn't need to deal with that the whole trip. 

15 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Dan if you ever decide you want to go let me know. I can tell you what you need and how to catch them. A fresh king on a 7 weight switch rod is an experience to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant bucktail for them  WTF .

Im def game to go, have wanted to fish for both salmon and steel head up there .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Max you are so correct that is my setup TFO 7wt 11.6 switch rod with a Lamson Reel. Perfect setup. 
Damm maybe we should do a Steelhead trip for woods and water. 

Now you’re talking, that would be an awesome trip. Similar set up here, i made a custom 11’6” 7 weight from an IM6 blank. Use both a Lamson and STH reels. Rio switch line and Wulff Ambush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

I cant bucktail for them  WTF .

Im def game to go, have wanted to fish for both salmon and steel head up there .

No bucktails but you can in fact use jigs under a float if you’re a pinner LOL Beware it is addicting. The first thump of a fish taking a swinging fly then a 12lb steelie coming out of the water in front of you is an adrenaline rush for sure.

AWM