IGNORED

Salmon Time

OMC

Headed up at the end of the week, for the annual pilgrimage.:up:

We as a small group of friends do pretty good getting our share of SteelHead, Coho, and Kings.

As for the "DSR".  I personally would never pay that outrageous fee those horse thieves charge.

For me, it makes zero sense spending big bucks fishing literally in the same exact hole.

One side pays big bucks for "Catch and Release", while a flyrods length apart, the other group standing along the wall do not pay anything other than their license.

I like having the freedom of choosing what I want to keep and bring home without supporting Big New York Political Hacks.

As for the DSR... :nonono: Not One Red Cent ... Political scumbags either own the property outright, and/or pay the local property owners to lease their lands.

There is plenty of other water and fish available.

I have been very fortunate through the years, to have had very positive experiences with friends who know the area well.

And how to actually fish for, and actually catch Salmon.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

34 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Just curious, what is the point of traveling so far and not keep any fish for a meal.  The DEC stocks millions of fish so you won't be doing any harm to the stocks. 

While I did not land anything last week on my first adventure up there, the fight was something I'll never forget. The fish is not like the salmon you get at the store. It tastes ok, but many do not go up for the meat. They go up for the adventure

3 hours ago, Lphunsjr said:

Mike,

What section do you favor, if any? I really liked the upper part, but clearly I made the wrong move last week. My friends really killed em in the lower stretch.

We really don't favor one section over the others. We have been going up for so long that we normally get a feel as to where to start the next morning. Sometimes we are right and other times we aren't but then we make a move. I personally dont like to sit in one section the whole time even if we are hitting them good. I enjoy moving around and fishing all of the run because it changes from one year to the next. 

Stratocastor we dont like to eat the salmon so we dont keep them. I also dont really want to drag 60 or more pounds of fish 2 miles. There are also restrictions on the consumption so that makes it even more of a reason for me. I could care else if anyone keeps them because unlike Steelhead , Browns and Alantics the Kings and Cohos just die anyway. The hatchery gets all the eggs they need for future production. 

Edited by OMC

Bill I have been going up there for a very long time and know the SR and many other rivers very well. Can we fish the rest of the SR and catch fish sure we can but as I said in my post. I would rather not deal with the nonsense that goes on in the other areas, so I pay which I dont mind doing. 

Have a great trip next week you should be hitting it right. There are plenty of fish still in the lake and as you know they will be running for atleast two more weeks or more. 

8 hours ago, OMC said:

Bill I have been going up there for a very long time and know the SR and many other rivers very well. Can we fish the rest of the SR and catch fish sure we can but as I said in my post. I would rather not deal with the nonsense that goes on in the other areas, so I pay which I dont mind doing. 

Have a great trip next week you should be hitting it right. There are plenty of fish still in the lake and as you know they will be running for atleast two more weeks or more. 

Thank you sir.

I understand and appreciate your posted comments fully.

The bus loads of crazies that arrive, and wildly swing hooks and lead, is a dangerous thing to be around.

Standing shoulder to shoulder for me is considered "Combat Fishing".

Just like opening day in the South Jersey put and take ponds. 

Not a pretty site.

Again, Thank you.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.