IGNORED

Salmon Time

OMC

4 minutes ago, B B said:

Good looking fish!   Use to go up every year for 10 years straight.  Haven't been in a while.  If you've never done it you gotta try it, it's a blast.  

Same here. Went up 10 or 11 years in a row. Had a ball. The guys I used to go with all moved away and I stopped going. We were young then and we would camp out. Great memories!

Headed up this coming Sat night for our annual week long trip. Hit town Sun morn and take our time getting checked into the B&B, having some breakfast, etc, then on the water for the late afternoon/evening time. Fish Sun evening through the following Fri midday. After that the Columbus Day weekend madness sets in and we are OUT!

As for the DSR I absolutely refuse to pay them a dime. A fat cat politician getting an even fatter wallet from a public resource that was established and is sustained by the license monies of the general angling public. Not my cup of tea. Plenty of other miles of river to fish w/o battling the maddening crowds, ya just gotta not mind taking a hike.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:37 PM, Leo801 said:

I thought I read that you had to wait for a few posts, but i haven't been on for a while so that might have changed. 

8 hours ago, OMC said:

Made a trip up to the Salmon River with my boys and a couple of friends. We hit it just right and had steady fish pushing up the the river every day. Mostly Kings with a mix of Cohos one Steelhead and Brown, all released. Here are a few of the many that were landed. We were using 7 and 8 wt flyrods with egg patterns. 

33746.jpeg

33757.jpeg

33758.jpeg

20180921_185047.jpg

33762.jpeg

33760.jpeg

13 hours ago, OMC said:

Max you are so correct that is my setup TFO 7wt 11.6 switch rod with a Lamson Reel. Perfect setup. 

Damm maybe we should do a Steelhead trip for woods and water. 

Any problems w your TFO? I had 3 break and switched over to the Echo ion rods....found them to be much more durable. I absolutely love catching the salmon in the river, but it has been spotty the past few years. I think 5 or 6 yrs ago we had a few days that we hooked fish nearly every cast. I am excited to go. You going again?

No problems with the TFO Switch Rod for 3 yrs now. Great rod for salmon plenty of leverage and casts great. In the past I have had some TFO 8 and 9 wts break but Salmon will do that to a fly rod. Send them back with $40 and get a replacement. I will only buy fly rods with a warranty for this exact reason. 

DSR is sold out for the next few weeks so I am done until Steelhead. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, OMC said:

The fish started running on Wednesday, we got there on Thursday and they were still running strong. Friday and Saturday they were just steady filling in the runs we were fishing. There wasn't a time I didn't have fish in front of us. We move around from the top of the DSR all the way to the bottom. 

Mike,

What section do you favor, if any? I really liked the upper part, but clearly I made the wrong move last week. My friends really killed em in the lower stretch.