IGNORED

Personal best fluke today - thanks hammer

JHbowhunter

22 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Very nice Jack...good coaching Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all tuned up for the W&W trip now!     Actually - NOT.  Watching Dan and Scott catch them on bucktails while I had to resort to bait because I just couldn't get the feel with that strong current with no wind at all to speak of, reminded me I have a long way to go before I am a flukemaster…  I don't regret dropping that 12" strip of shad down there at the right time though!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I am all tuned up for the W&W trip now!     Actually - NOT.  Watching Dan and Scott catch them on bucktails while I had to resort to bait because I just couldn't get the feel with that strong current with no wind at all to speak of, reminded me I have a long way to go before I am a flukemaster…  I don't regret dropping that 12" strip of shad down there at the right time though!

Jack those guys have been at it a long time, keep at with folks like that, watch their every move and you will be surprised how “ in tune” you’ll get.

AWM

41 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Jack those guys have been at it a long time, keep at with folks like that, watch their every move and you will be surprised how “ in tune” you’ll get.

As easy as that is, many guys have a tough time getting it.. Bucktailing is all about swimming the jig to entice strikes.

Too many guys that get frustrated THINK they are doing the same thing but most times are just dragging the bucktail, hence why many catch only on the teaser.

I catch very few fish on the teaser, almost 95% on the bucktail.

after guys catch a few the will get it and understand the difference in the bite.

It takes work to do it all day, but the rewards are great 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

As easy as that is, many guys have a tough time getting it.. Bucktailing is all about swimming the jig to entice strikes.
Too many guys that get frustrated THINK they are doing the same thing but most times are just dragging the bucktail, hence why many catch only on the teaser.
I catch very few fish on the teaser, almost 95% on the bucktail.
after guys catch a few the will get it and understand the difference in the bite.
It takes work to do it all day, but the rewards are great 

Funny you say about swimming the jig, an old timer from the fur factory my grandfather worked at used to take me out all the time. I remember him grabbing my rod handle the first time i started jigging a bucktail and said” son, fish don’t hop around on the bottom they swim... get it” LOL

AWM

14 hours ago, maximus66 said:

Funny you say about swimming the jig, an old timer from the fur factory my grandfather worked at used to take me out all the time. I remember him grabbing my rod handle the first time i started jigging a bucktail and said” son, fish don’t hop around on the bottom they swim... get it” LOL

That's the key. It's making it appear like a feeding bait fish. Followed by quick darting like it's fleeing. Draws impulse strikes. After they hit if they miss it. Super erratic flight brings crushing strikes 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

18 hours ago, maximus66 said:

How do you "swim" the bait compared to jigging the bait?

I saw on Fish Mongers Facebook page they caught a 12 LBer the other day, and a 9 LBer a few days before.