IGNORED

Bastards Finally Got Me!

dlist777

I've done that before - "I'll just be in the woods for a little bit, I don't need to put all my sprayed clothes on". I've been lucky so far. But this is what I'm afraid would happen.

This just settles it. I'm not going in the woods without my sprayed clothes. Just ain't worth it. Listening to stories like what happened to some folks on here, it sounds real bad.

I normally just spray my camo clothes (long shirt, long pants, hats, etc) and I feel stupid getting all camo'ed up just to go out in the woods to walk around during a scouting trip. But then when I'm wearing my jeans and boots, that's all I think about. I itch just thinking about it :) Maybe I should spray some scouting clothes, too. That's the benefit of mixing up the homegrown permetrin spray - I can make gallons of the stuff and spray tons of clothes without paying gobs of money for those little bottles of Sawyers.

my bullseye was the size of basketball on my back and dead center was where my skin started to rott away, had about 100 bulleyes on each limb about the size of a nickle and on my face. ran 104 fever, had to roll my self out of bed and crawl, coulnt get up to go to bathroom so i just went, started going deaf, and was seeing flashes of black in my eyes. finally my parents came home from a 2 week vacation and rushed me to the ER. i was on antibiotics that i wore on my belt and was constantly being pumped into my body. then i started some tiny pills that started at 20 a day, then 19 a day, 18, 17, 16,15, etc... until they were gone. man those little pills killed my stomach. now 12 years later, my knees and wrists still hurt, another then that everything cleared up. like i said, i HATE ticks

Def  not Chiggers lol. When you get the Chiggers there is no mistake. They have made me quit Fall Bowhunting. My scarred Ankles have had enough. There are allways one or two of the little Devils that find their way through the Pemetherine Barrier lol.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I HATE CHIGGERS! I thought they were some made up thing until moving to NJ pinelands! First time setting up a tree stand in shorts and a T shirt you guys down south can imagine what I looked like!

Many hundreds if not thousands of bites. They like the crotch area! I spray hunting and scouting clothes! I spray  my socks and boots. I have chigger proof clothing too. I do anything I can to avoid those buggers.

I do love my pork roll egg and cheese though

Edited by Slayer1962

I've been here 50+ years and have never seen them in Sussex.  They can keep them down south with their stinking pork roll.   :down:   

I've never had a pork roll either. Interesting that there's no chiggers up here. Must be the temp. difference in the winter.

Edited by chuck172

• 2 weeks later...

Chiggers are the spawn of Satan! I hate them. I itch for months.

Me too! Worst things ever!!!!

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

That's definitely not a chigger rash, it looks like it probably a lymes rash

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Regardless if he took blood, you will always test positive, now they need to check the levels when you suspect you may have been bitten. My son got one when he was in Boy Scout camp in Alpine, bullseye never happened, but did have a strange rash, she immediately said it was Lyme, they took blood which is essential for anyone, and it came back in 3 days as positive. If it were me, I would get a new doctor. Glad they are treating it, hope you have no issues.

For whoever is following...doc said its lyme for sure. 3 weeks of antibiotics and all should ne fine. If you see something similar on yourself, see a doc. Better safe than sorry. As Bill notes, they don't all look the same.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The antibiotics should clear it up for you.  Glad you went to the doc and got the meds.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member