IGNORED

Where and how’s the trout fishing.

With all this rain curious what rivers guys are fishing and how conditions are and if your catching.   Had to run an errand and Paulinskill is almost at the bank and there are several guys attempting it.  Passed the musky in hackettstown and saw a few guys fishing as well. 

Walked around spring lake to watch some of the kids tourney with Tracey this morning .

Had to be 400 plus there . Saw a bunch of kids weighing in some very nice fish . But the other 90%didn’t seem to be catching much .

State only put in 460 trout there , Shark River Surf club put in over 600 trophy fish .

was pretty chilly in the winds there 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Hit spring lake w my lil guy, dad, & brother.  We got up at 4:45….had a great spot near weigh-in tent….fished hard til noon…didn’t get a bite….but had a blast and met a lot of great people!  Saw some nice big trout caught!  Even met some wardens!!!

Shark River Anglers did a great job with the kids contest and even stocked more trout at 11 AM….& they were jumping right in front of us….but still couldn’t get a bite. Tried every possible bait. I may join Shark River Anglers cuz it sounds like a great club. 

Cold and windy but we dressed for it!

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

57 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Hit spring lake w my lil guy, dad, & brother.  We got up at 4:45….had a great spot near weigh-in tent….fished hard til noon…didn’t get a bite….but had a blast and met a lot of great people!  Saw some nice big trout caught!  Even met some wardens!!!

Shark River Anglers did a great job with the kids contest and even stocked more trout at 11 AM….& they were jumping right in front of us….but still couldn’t get a bite. Tried every possible bait. I may join Shark River Anglers cuz it sounds like a great club. 

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

I walked around there this morning . They definitely put on a great event for the kids . Though I did see quite a few adults without kids all around the lake .

would be cool if they could get a permit from the state to have the event the week before the season opened . And limited to kids (with parents help ) 

SRSA put  almost twice as many trophy fish as the state had .

so let the kids reap those rewards .

have seen guys write how few fish are stocked in SJ waters .

tiny creeks in Northern Nj got 15 times as many fish for the opener , that may see 50 guys all week .

there had to be 400 plus at Spring lake today .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Got skunked at Schadlers Sand Wash in Salem County. 

There were guys catching on spinners, but the trout wanted nothing to do with power bait or meal worms, which is the exact opposite of how it's been the past few years.

Honestly think between rain and cold weather they were hitting the spinners as a reaction bite, instead of trying to feed on baits.

Still had a good time meeting some new people and talking with the CO for a bit.

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg

Still a good day out, great pics