IGNORED

BORED!

Anyone else starting to get a little bored this time of year? 

Hunting season is basically over for me, wont start fishing for a few months when winter flounder and stripers open. Haven't had any real snow or ice in years(yea i know its snowed like 3 inches today) so ice fishing, skating and skiing are out of the question. Not driving 5 hours to Vermont when none of the mountains are fully open. Gonna start to turn the duck boat into a bass boat for the summer, but its a little cold for that now so will probably put that off for at least a few more weeks. 

Typically what do you do from mid February -April to stay busy? I wish they would  split the pheasant stocking season into an early and a late season. It would be cool if the state had a February/ march season. I realize the snow doesn't help their cover, but lets be honest, it doesn't snow anymore anyways, and when it does it will melt in less than a week. 

I make a lot of fishing stuff during the winter .

various bucktails , jigs , weights , shad darts , flutter spoons .

Every time I get caught up I buy another mold to make something else .

.Also try to do a lot if scouting now before things green up .perfect time to see everything that went on this fall .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Still a bunch to do. Extended goose (yeah, I know, hard to find spots that hold birds) but then you have squirrel which you can do practically anywhere (we have another week and half for that).

Also, there's predator hunting (trying to call in a fox or yote is fun - trying it at night is even funner :), and of course crow hunting -both end mid-March (and by that time, you only have a couple more weeks until April trout and turkey hunting!). I also like cold-weather March fishing in some of my local freshwater spots.

Huge amounts of woods knowledge to be obtained in this late season!  Sign really pops out in these last winter days. 

I am bowhutin til last day on Saturday, rabbits w the hound til the 24th, got some predator huntin to do, scouting for turkey, some winter troutin, bass, crappie, & pickeral already hittin jerkbaits, prep fresh n saltwater tackle n boats, hit the clam flats soon, white perch in the brackish water, mineral licks set up, find a shed antler goal, prep the garden, knock on some doors to acquire some more spots, and get the soon to be 10 yr old boy ready for his hunter ed tests at the end of March.  Maybe even take a look at the wife’s Honey Do list!!  Retired and still not enough time in the day to stay on top of all this stuff!!  Are you sorry you asked??!!  Lol

IMG_9987.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0085.png

I can't make up my mind about deer hunting this Saturday …or not. I always hunted the last day but this year I don’t feel it. 
for sure I will be out there every Saturday morning for the next 4 weeks, hunting yotes. I suck at it but this only motivates me more. I called in two, two weeks ago, but they wouldn’t stop and stay at 200 yards so I finally missed. 

Took the fencing down for the garden. Took 800 pounds of posts to the dump.  Not doing a garden this year.  Cut down 5 huckleberry bushes that got smothered by a pin oak and weren't producing much, and to give the other 5 more room. Took days to cut them down because the little electric chainsaw batteries only lasted 15 minutes and took 3 hours each to charge.  Burned a lot of brush laying around.  Shed hunting but that's on hold now until this foot of snow is gone.  Will still get out to scout while there's snow left.  Getting my nerve up to have knee, hamstring, biceps looked at.  Want to get surgery done in the time frame between having to shovel snow and having to mow.  Knee first.

Yea. Deer season ended for me on the 31st. I've a few things on the "honey do list". Squirrel hunted on Thurs. and didn't see any. I don't fish till April but soon after trout season opens work starts up. 2023 just ended weird..2024 started bad..well for me. 

Sorry just rambling now 

Hunting season is over till EAB. I can't go opening day of trout as another person has the day off, so I took the following day off! Not sure if i'll catching anything, we'll see. Thursday before Memorial Day I'm beginning my trip to Charlotte for the Coke 600. In the mean time, I'm wait for the opinion from the Third Circuit in Koons/Siegel v. Platkin. Taxes are done, Looking at the G43x MOS as a carry option and making the G45 my competition gun.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

15 hours ago, Rusty said:

This is one of my favorite times of the year, it's a great time to scout and look for sheds.  Put your boots on the ground and start logging some miles.  

I have been out Shed Hunting/Turkey Scouting 3 Times already in February. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.