IGNORED

How’s trapping season going

Buck154

19 hours ago, Swampwalker said:

My first post on this site, also my second year trapping. 6 coons so far  (I completely ruined one) 5 boar, 1 sow. Im not very good at fur handling yet, as you can see I messed up the tails on a few of them. I have yet to catch coyotes, fox or mink. 

4F22FD14-EF8B-420A-957E-CB3863B26438.jpeg

You need to open up those tails on the coons. All the grease will flow down to the lowest point. Also try to get some more of the grizzle off the upper back from the ears down

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

57 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

You need to open up those tails on the coons. All the grease will flow down to the lowest pount. Also try to get some more of the grizzle off the upper back from the ears down

I’ll fab up a thin piece of plywood inside the wire to help tack out the tail with nails for now. Probably end up buying wood boards since it looks better afterwards imo. Thanks for advice 

I just said yesterday how I’ve never caught a fox and this guy was in my cable this morning! Ive never shot one while deer hunting, mostly because every time I see a fox while hunting few minutes later see deer. Also I’d be worried to put a big hole in the pelt from broadhead or slug. Great way to transition into the new year! 

Edited by Swampwalker

2 hours ago, Swampwalker said:

I just said yesterday how I’ve never caught a fox and this guy was in my cable this morning! Ive never shot one while deer hunting, mostly because every time I see a fox while hunting few minutes later see deer. Also I’d be worried to put a big hole in the pelt from broadhead or slug. Great way to transition into the new year! 

865E8651-BA22-4774-8B7E-406208429502.jpeg

Congrats

17 hours ago, Swampwalker said:

I’ll fab up a thin piece of plywood inside the wire to help tack out the tail with nails for now. Probably end up buying wood boards since it looks better afterwards imo. Thanks for advice 

I prefer wire over wood for coons. I do way too many of them to waste money on wood with not much return on the back end for the cost. I also prefer wire because off season storage is much easier for me with the amount I have done in any given year. It's a long standing debate wire or wood and most guys are full of shyzza if the tell you they can tell the difference if the fur is well handled. Otter, fisher, mink, and bobcats is all I put on wood. Use what works for you

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 hours ago, Swampwalker said:

865E8651-BA22-4774-8B7E-406208429502.jpeg

congratulations on the fox huge accomplishment! but try and keep pictures like that off the internet a lot of antis look through sites like these for photos to pin against us exspecially ones that depict snares in a ill form like ones of animals getting chocked down! 

2 hours ago, Turkeyslayer said:

congratulations on the fox huge accomplishment! but try and keep pictures like that off the internet a lot of antis look through sites like these for photos to pin against us exspecially ones that depict snares in a ill form like ones of animals getting chocked down! 

Got ya.