IGNORED

2023 Fluke Season was Decent

Buck154

I kept track of the number of keepers caught on my boat, my uncle and by me this year. I ended with 116 keepers, my Uncle Neil got 90 keepers and had a total of 245 keepers on my boat for the season. Started off real good but the end of season was tough cause of the weather. Never got anything real big. Biggest around 6.5 lbs. and I released all fluke 5 lbs and up that I caught (7).

Most of them are caught with 5,6 and 8 lb braid and 4-5’ UL rods. Love fishing with the light stuff when possible.

Hopefully 2024 will be as good or better

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpeg

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2841.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2842.jpeg

Edited by Buck154

Was happy my dad came up from Florida for a few days. One day got my dad and 2 uncles out together. First time all fished together in a really long time. Another day it was my dad, uncle Neil and I and we caught 25 keepers. Was great feel the best day of the season was that day. I had one fluke spit up a big shedder crab. 

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

Nice work , your fishing partner def is enjoying that time .

I’m hoping they do away with the slot next season .

was hearing it was going to be 3 over 17 1/2” 

but the last few weeks they claim we highly overfished when adding release mortality .

bullshit we even get that charged against us , as it’s their regs making us throw back LOTS of fish over 20” to look for 17” fish .

‘The last two years has hit the same age classes of fish hard .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Nice work , your fishing partner def is enjoying that time .

I’m hoping they do away with the slot next season .

was hearing it was going to be 3 over 17 1/2” 

but the last few weeks they claim we highly overfished when adding release mortality .

bullshit we even get that charged against us , as it’s their regs making us throw back LOTS of fish over 20” to look for 17” fish .

‘The last two years has hit the same age classes of fish hard .

I caught a lot of fish that were caught before so the mortality is bull. Yeah I can see some if they swallow it and someone try's getting out and keeping them out of the water to long. 

10 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I caught a lot of fish that were caught before so the mortality is bull. Yeah I can see some if they swallow it and someone try's getting out and keeping them out of the water to long. 

Totally agree , they claim 40% mortality which is BS

only way that they don’t go back healthy is small hooks gut hooking fish or ones caught in gills .

fish hooked on big hooks def have a much better survival rate .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Totally agree , they claim 40% mortality which is BS

only way that they don’t go back healthy is small hooks gut hooking fish or ones caught in gills .

fish hooked on big hooks def have a much better survival rate .

We always said you can't use to big of a hook for fluke

Nice John.  I did get out as much as hoped and other than two times I mostly sucked at it. I feel I regressed big time in my skill level this season. Hell did not even land one keeper on the annual BM trip. Basically - I  am the NY Giants of fluke fishing.  They made the playoffs last season with a high upside and now  suck as bad as suck could be 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

Nice John.  I did get out as much as hoped and other than two times I mostly sucked at it. I feel I regressed big time in my skill level this season. Hell did not even land one keeper on the annual BM trip. Basically - I AMN the NY Giants if fluke fishing.  They made the playoffs last season with a high upside and now  suck as bad as suck could be 

Double your jig inventory over the winter . And you can come practice loosing them with me lol.

then you will know the right ruff stuff to fish .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING