IGNORED

New PTC Training This favors us!!

The John Wick tactical shooting is gone!

No 25 yard Qual! 3, 5, 7, 10, and 15 yards.

New training req extended till Dec 31 2023 from the original date of Oct 1 2023.

With the new req news release I believe most of us who shot out to 25 yds or requalified with the interim requirements are still good, but I will find out

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJRevisesCarryTrainingRequirements

Edited by hostak126

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

There should be a reading comprehension test to vote as long as you have to qualify to defend yourself and express the 2A.

Good luck, best wishes.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

If you can't hit a stationary target at 25 yards with a handgun you should pee while sitting down and only be allowed to carry pepper spray. It ain't that hard

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

8 minutes ago, gonefishing said:

I didn't know 75 feet was a threat. Did they change the Law on that?

Anyone foolish enough to pigeon hole themselves into thinking a threat can only come from a specified distance has bigger problems than worrying about passing a qualification course with stationary targets that don't engage back.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

16 minutes ago, gonefishing said:

I didn't know 75 feet was a threat. Did they change the Law on that?

I thought it was a reasonable question.  I'm not very knowledgeable on handguns, but why is 75 feet the standard when it falls well outside the parameters of common self defense distances?  How many self defense gunfights are at that range (same could be argued how many are at stationary targets, so maybe the increased distance is meant to offset that difference)?  Not saying a permitted carrier shouldn't be able to shoot at those distances, but why is "range" a factor in gauging "acceptance" of carrying a permit you should already have the right to carry in the first place?  Chances are you'll be much closer and not need to be "accurate to 75 feet" to defend yourself. 

Older article from Winchester that states:

Tom Givens, who ran Rangemaster in Memphis, TN for many years and teaches defensive shooting all around the country, has put a great deal of effort into collecting accurate data on actual defensive gun uses by private citizens. His data, which I trust as the best source for details outside of the law enforcement and military communities, shows that almost 90% of defensive shootings occur between 9’ and 15’. If you think about the distances you would likely need to shoot inside your home, your workplace or even in most public spaces, including around vehicles, this range of distances probably makes sense to you.

There are many anecdotal or myth based pieces of conventional wisdom about the distances you are most likely to need to defend yourself, but I prefer to use facts and logic. Our default training distance in the CFS Program is 12’-15’. You should practice most often at the distances you are most likely to need to defend yourself at, while also working in some practice at both extended and contact distances as justified by where you spend your time while armed.

https://winchester.com/Blog/2017/08/defensive-shooting-target-distance

33 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Anyone foolish enough to pigeon hole themselves into thinking a threat can only come from a specified distance has bigger problems than worrying about passing a qualification course with stationary targets that don't engage back.

Thank I guess they didn't change the law 

Thank very much for your help 

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I thought it was a reasonable question.  I'm not very knowledgeable on handguns, but why is 75 feet the standard when it falls well outside the parameters of common self defense distances?  How many self defense gunfights are at that range (same could be argued how many are at stationary targets, so maybe the increased distance is meant to offset that difference)?  Not saying a permitted carrier shouldn't be able to shoot at those distances, but why is "range" a factor in gauging "acceptance" of carrying a permit you should already have the right to carry in the first place?  Chances are you'll be much closer and not need to be "accurate to 75 feet" to defend yourself. 

Older article from Winchester that states:

https://winchester.com/Blog/2017/08/defensive-shooting-target-distance

He's referring to in nj where there are very few circumstances you are able to engage that far.  Remember in nj you have a duty to retreat before using deadly force

Edited by vdep217