IGNORED

New PTC Training This favors us!!

3 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

classroom will be about 2 hours covering use of force in NJ

No need. Here's your class in 5 seconds --- "If you shoot anyone, or if you just point your gun at anyone, anywhere in the state of New Jersey, you will be prosecuted so have a lawyer on retainer."

Done. Free of charge. You're welcome.

:) 

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

No need. Here's your class in 5 seconds --- "If you shoot anyone, or if you just point your gun at anyone, anywhere in the state of New Jersey, you will be prosecuted so have a lawyer on retainer."

Done. Free of charge. You're welcome.

:) 

If it were that easy lol

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

3 hours ago, gonefishing said:

Thank I guess they didn't change the law 

Thank very much for your help 

If you think my response was a shot at you it wasn’t. “Anyone” includes those legislators that are constantly over legislating things that they have no experience in, no knowledge about, and look to handcuff their citizens.

However, if one is going to carry a firearm there is no excuse for being as proficient with it as one can. What better way to show legislators they are wrong than having civilians pass the same course of fire as full time Law Enforcement Officers ? Hitting a stationary target at 25 yards is not that difficult, even with a revolver that has a 2 inch barrel. Even if you missed all shots from the 25 and hit all the others, you still have a passing score.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

39 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

If you think my response was a shot at you it wasn’t. “Anyone” includes those legislators that are constantly over legislating things that they have no experience in, no knowledge about, and look to handcuff their citizens.

However, if one is going to carry a firearm there is no excuse for being as proficient with it as one can. What better way to show legislators they are wrong than having civilians pass the same course of fire as full time Law Enforcement Officers ? Hitting a stationary target at 25 yards is not that difficult, even with a revolver that has a 2 inch barrel. Even if you missed all shots from the 25 and hit all the others, you still have a passing score.

I call Bs, let us see your targets with a 2” revolver at 25 yards! I’m 100% behind LEOs, my son is one, but let’s not embellish the shooting ability of most. Unless they are “into” firearms and shooting (likely much less than most  guys who hunt and shoot as a hobby) they have just as hard a time qualifying once or twice a year as anyone else would. 

48 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I call Bs, let us see your targets with a 2” revolver at 25 yards! I’m 100% behind LEOs, my son is one, but let’s not embellish the shooting ability of most. Unless they are “into” firearms and shooting (likely much less than most  guys who hunt and shoot as a hobby) they have just as hard a time qualifying once or twice a year as anyone else would. 

60 round course of fire with 48 hits to pass and 12 rounds from the 25 yard line. Do the math.

Plenty of guys carry 2 inch wheel guns off duty or as back up ankle guns.

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

18 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

60 round course of fire with 48 hits to pass and 12 rounds from the 25 yard line. Do the math.

Plenty of guys carry 2 inch wheel guns off duty or as back up ankle guns.

So what’s the point? If you can miss all 12 shots from 25, why have it? It doesn’t meant a thing, to include it makes zero sense. If the true intention was to ensure proficiency at 25 yards, you’d need 80% from that range as well. 

As far as ankle guns, C’mon, you think guys are carrying those to shoot 25 yards or more?😉

28 minutes ago, Pathman said:

So what’s the point? If you can miss all 12 shots from 25, why have it? It doesn’t meant a thing, to include it makes zero sense. If the true intention was to ensure proficiency at 25 yards, you’d need 80% from that range as well. 

As far as ankle guns, C’mon, you think guys are carrying those to shoot 25 yards or more?😉

Guys ask all the time what they should carry my answer is always the same what you feel comfortable shooting and what u shoot accurately.  Yes there are plenty of guys tgat can shoot a 2 inch wheel gun accurately to 25 yrds and sub compacts.  While it shouldn't be required you have a duty as a ccw holder to be as proficient as you can with what you intend to carry.

We all take for granted we grew up around fire arms and had saftey rules drilled into our heads as kids.   What about the guy that knows nothing yes it is his right but he has a duty wich is why I advocate for a carry course similar to what hunter Ed is free and show you are familiar with the fire arm and saftey

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

As far as ankle gun 25 yards is not the point. If that's what you think you don't get it. If you need to pull an ankle gun you are most likely way too close for comfort.

You are missing my point on scoring. It is an overall score. It's not broken down by distance. Yes you can miss all 12 from the 25 and still pass so the fear of anyone shooting from there to qualify should be non-existent for those that complained about it. Most won't know and shouldn't know where their misses are during the course of fire.

Edited by Bucndoe

10 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

As far as ankle gun 25 yards is not the point. If that's what you think you don't get it. If you need to pull an ankle gun you are most likely way too close for comfort.

You are missing my point on scoring. It is an overall score. It's not broken down by distance. Yes you can miss all 12 from the 25 and still pass so the fear of anyone shooting from there to qualify should be non-existent for those that complained about it.

I believe that’s exactly what I was alluding to regarding the ankle gun. 

My point on the 25 yd. qual is it’s irrelevant and shouldn’t be included in the first place because you can miss them all. 

2 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I believe that’s exactly what I was alluding to regarding the ankle gun. 

My point on the 25 yd. qual is it’s irrelevant and shouldn’t be included in the first place because you can miss them all. 

And my point is that the fear of shooting from that distance shouldn't be there for the way the scoring is done. Most times the person shooting has no idea that he/she missed during the course of fire, only after.