IGNORED

Coast Guard Racing to Capsized Boat in Manasquan Inlet

BowhunterNJ

So sad to hear.  Prayers for him and his family. That inlet can be real nasty, I helped rescued a guy earlier this year that fell in. Strong out going tide about 2:30 in the morning.  Another 15-20 seconds he probably would have been a gonner. 

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

You have to respect the power of the inlet currents they can be dangerously devastating at times. May that boys soul rest in peace.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

14 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Just googled "overturned boat Manasquan Inlet" - geez, that place is cursed. Is that a bad inlet? Because there are reports of overturned boats going back to 1983....  2011 ... 2015.  This one.

Barnegat inlet is no walk in the park either. Like anything else on the water, you gotta keep a close eye on the weather and listen to advisories. You can get away with something a million times, but it only takes that one freak incident

16 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Just googled "overturned boat Manasquan Inlet" - geez, that place is cursed. Is that a bad inlet? Because there are reports of overturned boats going back to 1983....  2011 ... 2015.  This one.

16 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

It’s not a bad inlet at all if you know when to go in or out if it. 
Big east swell and outgoing tide is extremely dangerous. I was out maybe a mile down the beach few years ago when the pontoon boat flipped. Two died that day. They had no business anywhere near it in a pontoon boat. I use to watch that boat almost daily anchored off the beach a little to the north of inlet. 
Pray for the boy that was lost last night and his family. 
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

5 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

Barnegat inlet is no walk in the park either. Like anything else on the water, you gotta keep a close eye on the weather and listen to advisories. You can get away with something a million times, but it only takes that one freak incident

Onr of the things I see all the time is guys cutting the warning bouy short and hitting the rocks

34 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Barnegat is the worst. It looks nice and cozy just inside but once you get near the exit you will have rips, shoals, currents, and swells that will be there waiting for you. 

Before it was called Barnegat it was called breakers. It was called that for a reason.