IGNORED

2023 Garden Thread

Didn't see where anyone started a thread yet, but it's getting to be that time of year again.  Tilled the garden couple days ago and put the red potatoes in the ground.  Little earlier than usual this year.  Banking on it remaining a warm spring.  Might start the lettuce and spinach earlier this year too, before the weather gets too hot.  Looks like it will be warm at least through next weekend.  Anybody down south have stuff coming up yet?

13 hours ago, Buck154 said:

I tilled my garden about a month and half ago. Starting tomatoes this week inside.

Hey John, when you say starting are you planting seeds ?   If so how do you get they to grow enough to be ready for May . I have beets , tomatoes and basil started but new to this game and always seems they’re too fragile to put outdoors in time and wind up just buying plants .. any info would help 

thanks 

49AE4724-627C-464F-AF2B-9D0D77EEBE9E.jpeg

Edited by Nanuk

1 hour ago, Nanuk said:

Hey John, when you say starting are you planting seeds ?   If so how do you get they to grow enough to be ready for May . I have beets , tomatoes and basil started but new to this game and always seems they’re too fragile to put outdoors in time and wind up just buying plants .. any info would help 

thanks 

49AE4724-627C-464F-AF2B-9D0D77EEBE9E.jpeg

I usually buy most of my plants already started. I have a few tomato seeds i have to start and probably should have already inside. I will start them and I'm sure they will grown enough for when I put them in the ground.