IGNORED

2023 Garden Thread

58 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

My 3 year old left my garden gate open.  Woke up to half the broccoli, about 5 strawberry plants, 8 pepper plants and the 3 tomato plants and 2 raspberry plants nibbled down good. Must have been a deer. Oh well

That's worth killing a deer over. At least you'll get meat 

Still have not seen any cauliflower heads forming….they should be by now since 80 days is coming up in 10 days or so. They take up so much room I have to make room for cukes n beans!!

also…tomatoes are waiting for smoke to clear n haven’t grown much. 

interestingly …my plants were started from seeds from last year’s tomatoes….plants in pic with straw mulch/cages are from my cousin who started em under a light and were well ahead of mine that were started on window sill….but mine seemed to have caught up and have thicker stems….

494A1B27-0B49-478F-BCB7-11A8435B2772.jpeg

3A0CAC3E-B30F-40A4-9E05-9BA60083F8C3.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoysinPA said:

WEEDS!  HELP!

How to get control of these surface weeds?  Nearly impossible to pull them all?  Can I spray with something and not kill my plants?

image.jpeg.da8c920b899c61f5efcbc94529f2d0bc.jpegimage.jpeg.7f1f9220634e713af099a57f3a99691f.jpeg

Scoop top sliver off them and a bit of the soil….then cover soil over w a thick mat of grass clippings, straw, weed-guard fabric, or other mulch material. 

I don’t have that type of weed…but sure looks nasty!  Good luck!!