IGNORED

Illinois Hunter Tags Monster 23-Point Nontypical Whitetail Buck

BHC

As he walked toward his tree stand, Heinemann was putting down a scent trail of deer urine. That’s when he looked up and saw the giant buck literally feet away. “I honestly felt I could have touched him, he said. “The buck stopped and looked back at me, then just kept walking.” When the buck disappeared, Heinemann ran to a nearby tree stand, from which he spotted the buck at 150 yards. “I grunted at him, and he ignored it, then I snort-wheezed, and he snapped his head around and came trotting in to 75 yards and stopped, licking his nose and trying to smell the buck he’d heard. He finally worked in to what my rangefinder said was 45 yards. But I think my rangefinder must have locked on something between us because when I shot, my arrow flew a foot low.”
It was a clean miss. With the gun season coming up soon, Heinemann decided to rest the small, 100-acre property, fearful the buck might move off to areas he didn’t have permission to hunt. At dawn of the second day of firearms season, he was in a stand and didn’t have to wait long for another crack at the giant. “I was strapping the arm for my video camera to the tree right at daybreak,” he recalled. “And I looked up and the buck was coming right at me. By the time I grabbed my gun, he was already
As he walked toward his tree stand, Heinemann was putting down a scent trail of deer urine. That’s when he looked up and saw the giant buck literally feet away. “I honestly felt I could have touched him, he said. “The buck stopped and looked back at me, then just kept walking.” When the buck disappeared, Heinemann ran to a nearby tree stand, from which he spotted the buck at 150 yards. “I grunted at him, and he ignored it, then I snort-wheezed, and he snapped his head around and came trotting in to 75 yards and stopped, licking his nose and trying to smell the buck he’d heard. He finally worked in to what my rangefinder said was 45 yards. But I think my rangefinder must have locked on something between us because when I shot, my arrow flew a foot low.”
It was a clean miss. With the gun season coming up soon, Heinemann decided to rest the small, 100-acre property, fearful the buck might move off to areas he didn’t have permission to hunt. At dawn of the second day of firearms season, he was in a stand and didn’t have to wait long for another crack at the giant. “I was strapping the arm for my video camera to the tree right at daybreak,” he recalled. “And I looked up and the buck was coming right at me. By the time I grabbed my gun, he was already in range. When he got to within 50 yards, I took the shot. He actually ran toward me and died. I always call my wife when I get a deer, and her phone was ringing at 6:45 a.m.”

8 hours ago, BHC said:

It was a clean miss. With the gun season coming up soon, Heinemann decided to rest the small, 100-acre property, fearful the buck might move off to areas he didn’t have permission to hunt. At dawn of the second day of firearms season, he was in a stand and didn’t have to wait long for another crack at the giant. “I was strapping the arm for my video camera to the tree right at daybreak,” he recalled. “And I looked up and the buck was coming right at me. By the time I grabbed my gun, he was already
It was a clean miss. With the gun season coming up soon, Heinemann decided to rest the small, 100-acre property, fearful the buck might move off to areas he didn’t have permission to hunt. At dawn of the second day of firearms season, he was in a stand and didn’t have to wait long for another crack at the giant. “I was strapping the arm for my video camera to the tree right at daybreak,” he recalled. “And I looked up and the buck was coming right at me. By the time I grabbed my gun, he was already in range. When he got to within 50 yards, I took the shot. He actually ran toward me and died. I always call my wife when I get a deer, and her phone was ringing at 6:45 a.m.”

The picture above has a guy posing with a shotgun, no bow in sight

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."