IGNORED

Damn it, Tom Brady is back.

Garryowen3/7

2 minutes ago, hiking said:

asking for a friend??  not to take anything away from him, he does qualify as a nomination for the GOAT.   But do you think if he played for detroit for 10 years he still would be the GOAT

goat

He wouldn't have played for such teams. 

4 hours ago, hiking said:

But do you think if he played for detroit for 10 years he still would be the GOAT

No.  He was a perfect fit for Belichick's system. The Pats went 11-5 in the season he missed with the ACL tear and 3-1 in the games he missed due to his suspension.  That Pats team had all of the right personnel for just about any competent QB to step in and fill that role. His success in Tampa was essentially the same thing.  His move to TB and success was a bit of a Lebron move in most people's minds.  

Even Brady's superbowl success sits on a razor's edge.  In 10 games, he was 7-3, with 8 of those games being 1-score games.  Only 3 were actually won convincingly; '05 against Philly, even though Philly got a junk TD to make it a 1 score game, '19 which was just a lousy game all around and then '21 where TB dominated the Chiefs.  So for certain, Brady could be 3-7 in Superbowls and nearly in the same conversation as Jim Kelly.  They could also be 10-0.  Everything in between basically comes down to a lucky bounce,  good placekicker strange call or any combination of the above.  

I'm not trying to nock Brady for his success or be a hater...He's an average QB who developed in to an excellent QB and put together a storybook career.  He has most definitely benefitted from a career of being in the right place at the right time though.   I guess it's better to be lucky than good

Edited by not on the rug

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

No.  He was a perfect fit for Belichick's system. The Pats went 11-5 in the season he missed with the ACL tear and 3-1 in the games he missed due to his suspension.  That Pats team had all of the right personnel for just about any competent QB to step in and fill that role. His success in Tampa was essentially the same thing.  His move to TB and success was a bit of a Lebron move in most people's minds.  

Even Brady's superbowl success sits on a razor's edge.  In 10 games, he was 7-3, with 8 of those games being 1-score games.  Only 3 were actually won convincingly; '05 against Philly, even though Philly got a junk TD to make it a 1 score game, '19 which was just a lousy game all around and then '21 where TB dominated the Chiefs.  So for certain, Brady could be 3-7 in Superbowls and nearly in the same conversation as Jim Kelly.  They could also be 10-0.  Everything in between basically comes down to a lucky bounce,  good placekicker strange call or any combination of the above.  

I'm not trying to nock Brady for his success or be a hater...He's an average QB who developed in to an excellent QB and put together a storybook career.  He has most definitely benefitted from a career of being in the right place at the right time though.   I guess it's better to be lucky than good

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been saying this very thing from the beginning with all the hype over him. It’s Belichik that’s the GOAT not Brady when it comes to the NE success all those years. As an example to compare with, there’s Peyton Manning who singlehandedly revolutionized the QB position and doesn’t get enough credit in my opinion because his career ran parallel to Brady’s. Between the two of them Peyton had more skill, leadership qualities, work ethic, intelligence, and an eye for defenses more than anyone before or since. 

Right place, right time, with the right people and right offensive scheme, that’s Brady’s story from beginning to end. Not a fan of the hype, more so than not being a fan of him. Good (ok, great) quarterback, but not the goat… there are at least a handful of guys I would place ahead of him on a list of the best to ever play. 

8 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Go away. Let it go. No matter how long he stays he will never beat Eli in a Super Bowl. Maybe he wants to try and stay long enough to get a shot at beating Arch Manning

What he really wants to do is quadruple the number of rings Eli has!!!!

12 minutes ago, Tuck said:

What he really wants to do is quadruple the number of rings Eli has!!!!

No matter how many rings he has it will never, ever, ever, erase the pain of being 18 and ONE GIANT LOSS and no Super Bowl that year

AND

To be 0-2 to Eli in the Super Bowl

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

45 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

No matter how many rings he has it will never, ever, ever, erase the pain of being 18 and ONE GIANT LOSS and no Super Bowl that year

AND

To be 0-2 to Eli in the Super Bowl

I guess but he has 7 and he is still good enough to win a few more.  Is Eli still playing somewhere???