IGNORED

Where to get rid of logs, brush and general yard cleanup in Hunterdon County

MikeStaten

2 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

Wrong. NJ fire code does NOT have authority over open fires. All open fires without a stack must be permitted and ONLY a state fire warden can issue a permit. Call NJFFS and find out for yourself. 

Don’t tell the authorities about my neighborhood. I can’t think of a neighbor that doesn’t have a fire pit they use regularly. I’ve been here 24 years and never heard of a single homeowner being told they need a permit. Mount Olive Twp.  

Took the first trailer load of brush and thorns to the dump which was ok when the ground was frozen but once the ground thawed the truck was making a mess in the grass so I switched to burning for the rest of the day.   Burned about five trailer loads of sticks and limbs up to about 12”.  Will be burning more in the future.   Loading that crap in the trailer is a real pain.  Will bring the stumps to Greens.  Thanks 

BBF4C0EB-F59D-4B6B-9AE9-619FAE80D889.jpeg

7 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

Wrong. NJ fire code does NOT have authority over open fires. All open fires without a stack must be permitted and ONLY a state fire warden can issue a permit. Call NJFFS and find out for yourself. 

You're overthinking this dramatically.  You place a simple phone call and get the permit.  It's a 2 minute process.  Everyone I know has a fire pit on their property.  It's not like you're trying to buy a fully automatic rifle...  call.  Get permit.  Repeat each season.  

Edited by not on the rug

19 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

You're overthinking this dramatically.  You place a simple phone call and get the permit.  It's a 2 minute process.  Everyone I know has a fire pit on their property.  It's not like you're trying to buy a fully automatic rifle...  call.  Get permit.  Repeat each season.  

I don't need no stinking permit to burn, stay off my land!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, MikeStaten said:

Took the first trailer load of brush and thorns to the dump which was ok when the ground was frozen but once the ground thawed the truck was making a mess in the grass so I switched to burning for the rest of the day.   Burned about five trailer loads of sticks and limbs up to about 12”.  Will be burning more in the future.   Loading that crap in the trailer is a real pain.  Will bring the stumps to Greens.  Thanks 

BBF4C0EB-F59D-4B6B-9AE9-619FAE80D889.jpeg

Awesome, I’d rather not hump, drag, load and unload when I can grab a beer and a match😁

AWM

37 minutes ago, Rusty said:

:pout:

Okay, so I lied.  I care.  I really, really want to chase bonefish and tarpon on the NJ flats in my lifetime.  May head to the grocery store parking lot to do some donuts in the Ford and carbonize the atmosphere to help.  :peace:

33 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Okay, so I lied.  I care.  I really, really want to chase bonefish and tarpon on the NJ flats in my lifetime.  May head to the grocery store parking lot to do some donuts in the Ford and carbonize the atmosphere to help.  :peace:

All the donuts in the world won’t affect global temps.  That’s the whole point.  Rising CO2 levels are the RESULT of rising temperatures,  NOT the cause.  

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

All the donuts in the world won’t affect global temps.  That’s the whole point.  Rising CO2 levels are the RESULT of rising temperatures,  NOT the cause.  

That still doesn’t answer my question of when it will be warm enough for sight fishing the flats?  I’m not getting any younger. And think of all the cheap boats for sale when gas at the docks tops $9/gallon.