IGNORED

STORMR

hammer4reel

1 hour ago, Booner said:

He wearing it right now outside with the dog. There is a big difference between quality now and way back though.

I agree there - I have one that I bought 26 years ago - the cuffs on the sleeves are worn through in places and the outside is stained but the coat itself still has great insulation and is windproof.  

The ones made nowadays are just not the same.

I have some insulated bib overalls that are supremely warm too.

But I will not buy any more Carhartt garments due to their fascist stance on the Vax Mandate.

2 hours ago, Booner said:

He wearing it right now outside with the dog. There is a big difference between quality now and way back though.

I agree there - I have one that I bought 26 years ago - the cuffs on the sleeves are worn through in places and the outside is stained but the coat itself still has great insulation and is windproof.  

But I will not buy any more Carhartt garments due to their fascist stance on the Vax Mandate.

I also have a 20 year old Maine Guide LL Bean parka that is basically a sleeping bag with a hard Gortex shell and sleaves - it is indestructible but is also way too hot to wear when exerting yourself.

7 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

So have you stopped flying United , or Delta south west  .

not taking and medicines made by Merck .

not riding Amtrak , 

eating at Mc Donald’s 

driving a ford 

using Microsoft .

the list goes on and on .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I can't believe the difference in the quality of my older carhart standard uninsulated work pants versus know. And the difference is night and day with everything. But i still work in my carhart work pants from over 20 plus years ago. There is a few minor tears but normal for construction. I don't think the carhart pants i got last year would last one year not good. Much thinner material in comparison the older stuff is solid. I still have my insulated coveralls from like 1984 somewhere. The bibs from over 20 years ago are still holding up too. 

50 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

So have you stopped flying United , or Delta south west  .

not taking and medicines made by Merck .

not riding Amtrak , 

eating at Mc Donald’s 

driving a ford 

using Microsoft .

the list goes on and on .

Yes to literally all of those things.  Then again, I don't take medicine, eat fast food, ride trains or drive fords anyway.  The rest was easy

Edited by not on the rug

7 minutes ago, bowguide said:

Carhart and STORMR aren't even in the same stratosphere .....Two totally different animals....

Correct but I do not consider STORMR to be work wear. I consider it outdoor wear. I mean for snow blowing it’s a good choice and maybe sport fishing but not work wear they wouldn’t last a week I my business 

i live in carharrt during the winter months. no complaints here. i dont bother with what company is pro this or con that. it works. it keeps me warm. no argument there for me. ill continue to buy carharrts because i like their product. 

1 hour ago, Woodsman416 said:

I've heard that Stormr is some heavy duty stuff. I'm glad it's working out for you.

As far as Carhartt goes, I hope the 2019 (right) jacket holds up as well as the 1999 (left) jacket.

20220129_134449.jpg

Alternate them kind of like tires,they'll last longer.:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt