IGNORED

6th Annual Game Dinner and Man Stuff Party - March 2022

Huge thanks to all that attended today for our 6th Annual W&W event...Was a great time yet again, and we got much accomplished..

Was cool to see new faces take the ride up including @Bucndoeand @Dave B..

Some videos and pics posted below that I am sure will be added to as I receive them. 

Some of the food...And if nobody previously knew, we had a steak grilling competition going between Tim and Nick. 

Some of the BEST steaks were made today on the Weber...

The smoked brisket Tim made was the best I ever had. The rub was second to none that he can elaborate on as samples were given out for guys to take home..

20220304_193440.jpg

20220304_194104.jpg

20220305_150100.jpg

20220305_135158.jpg

20220305_140337.jpg

20220305_135153.jpg

20220305_142424.jpg

20220305_143708.jpg

20220305_144425.jpg

20220305_113343.jpg

Edited by LPJR

Although @nmc02 and I were engaged in a Texas Cage Match-style ribeye cookoff, I am please to concede that it was a tie.  We had two different ribeyes that both of us cooked for the event.  And these weren't your average store-bought ribeyes.  Nick cooked his, I cooked mine.  Inside Lou's house we individually tasted each other's steaks prior to serving them.

Now, what few people knew was that Nick and I were planning this cook-off at least month in advance.  Over various text messages and even in these forums we spent as much time as we could busting each other's balls about who would win this contest.  Daggers were thrown, and the shame for generations was on the line.  Neither of us held back on who would win and the shame the loser would have to bear.

Prior to walking out of the kitchen and serving our work to the masses, Nick came up with the brilliant idea of switching plates and having each of us present the other's steak--Nick served the crowd with my steak, claiming it was his, and I did the same with his steak.  There was no way we wanted personal bias to come into play serving our winning steaks to the masses.  And that's exactly what we did.

The results:  Dead tie.

The winners:  Everyone who got to sample some of each.

The honest assessment:  Both steaks were excellent and different.  Nick did an outstanding job with salt, garlic, and butter.  My steak was plain (salt and pepper), and neither was the clear winner.

I could not have anticipated or appreciated a better outcome.  Nick's steak was very, very good, but even with the outstanding cut I had, I could only equal the mastery he brought to the table.

This only means that the steaks are now higher for the next round.  The next time we head to Lou's and the cuts are different.  When the dressings will be different.  And when the Top Steak crown will mean even more.

I will see you again, @nmc02, at high noon.  Same place, different time.  And then, and only then, will the true steak champion walk away.  And that will be me.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

good to see everyone.   I didn't think I was gonna end up working as hard as I did!    A little tired!   Man meat was delicious, all of it, hard to pick a favorite. Good chili and mac and cheese too. 

Yea @JHbowhunter ? Man meat was delicious? [emoji2960][emoji2960][emoji2960]

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk