IGNORED

Prime Rib Junkies

electric10162

12 minutes ago, Reeltight said:

Have you been there recently? It used to be our favorite local restaurant, then about 5 years ago we had a couple of awful meals on multiple occasions and we never went back. 

yes. we go often. i never had a bad experience there. if i go by myself i just go the bar. nice bar they have there. and i cant get enough of their lobster bisque soup. i have been going there for the past 2 years. no issues. 

I try not to eat much red meat home but I will make it for holidays or special occasion. Just made one New Years and it came out perfect. 500 for 35-40 minutes than open oven get temp down to 325 and cook the prime rib until 116’ internal. I coat the outside with olive oil and sprinkle a little Montreal on it before it goes in oven. Outside gets a nice crust and inside comes out very medium rare which is how we like it. Don’t like our meat over cooked. Also when we take it out I let it rest for 30 minutes under loose foil. Perfect

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

For guys that really like prime rib and want to do it at home the rotisserie is by far the best method. I’ve tried every which way but the rotisserie gives the best crisp outside ring and perfect medium rare every time

Heard that. Maybe I will have to do one that way. 

Our favorite place was a small bar in Garwood that had a prime rib night once a month.  The rest of the month was super Italian food.  They had just 8 or 9 tables.  It was our go-to place till I saw the Newark Star Ledger picture one morning of most of the guys that hung out there being walked out in cuffs.  Loan sharking, making book etc.  So what.  The food was great.

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

For guys that really like prime rib and want to do it at home the rotisserie is by far the best method. I’ve tried every which way but the rotisserie gives the best crisp outside ring and perfect medium rare every time

that sounds good that way. i sear my prime rib on all sides over lump charcoal,once its all cripsy then ill transfer to the oven to finish. basting with olive oil, garlic, parsely. 

your gonna make me try rotisserie now lol.