IGNORED

Bear Attack Sussex County

Tuck

28 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

That is why I mention disease.  Cannot out run Mother Nature.  She has had this job a long time.  Way before any of us were here.  

Biology 101 would say you’re correct. So far, we have lots of healthy bears. But that goes back to their food supply which is higher than most anywhere else black bears live.  I expect our population will grow fairly significantly over the next four years. That’s two sets of cubs per adult sow on average in the next four years and more than 3 live births each of those two times on average. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Biology 101 would say you’re correct. So far, we have lots of healthy bears. But that goes back to their food supply which is higher than most anywhere else black bears live.  I expect our population will grow fairly significantly over the next four years. That’s two sets of cubs per adult sow on average in the next four years and more than 3 live births each of those two times on average. 

Yes it will grow over the next 4 years or longer. Did not say this would happen over night.   She has her own clock.  It will also damage the entire ecological system since bears are at the very top of the food chain.  Kind of like too many bass in a small pond.  They will eat everything to their is nothing left.  

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Oh wow, that puts a whole new spin on the story.   

P.S.   For those that don’t live up here.   Before the bear hunt, bears killing dogs had become  so common that we didn’t even take notice when it happened.   

Edited by Rusty

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

P.S.   For those that don’t live up here.   Before the bear hunt, bears killing dogs had become  so common that we didn’t even take notice when it happened.   

and it most likely will never make the news. like the guy who was mauled in his garage last year or couple years back...

All I know is if a bear attacks me and kills my dog - there will be a Jihad the likes one has never seen. We will be talking about “bear extinction” in NJ before Murphy even leaves office. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

10 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Since all the bear hunts, the bear population has NEVER been at a natural level for the amount of land.  NJ still had the highest density of bears per sq/mi than any other place in the US!  

Does the Corn Deer Bait elevate the appearance  of Black Bears on State Lands and near residential  areas?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.