IGNORED

New Crossbows

AtcoJG

Just looking for opinions on your experiences and recommendations on crossbows. Looks like my Parker Blackhawk has cracks in the one limb. So I'm now looking to replace it. Trying to stay under 700 bucks. Was thinking of the Center Point 400

12 minutes ago, AtcoJG said:

Just looking for opinions on your experiences and recommendations on crossbows. Looks like my Parker Blackhawk has cracks in the one limb. So I'm now looking to replace it. Trying to stay under 700 bucks. Was thinking of the Center Point 400

My friend bought one early this year and I had the task of getting it set up for him. This was not a defect per se but his scope rail was bent. We couldn't get it on target at 20 yds. Took it back where he bought it and they swapped it with another. Problem solved. 

Impressions of the bow:

The trigger sucks

The mechanical draw must be put on and taken off. Very awkward.

If you are not going to buy/use the mechanical draw, cocking it with the rope sled is on the difficult side. 

The arrows are terribly expensive. About $70 for 6. Don't know if you can use other arrows but this alone would be a dealbreaker to me.

Once sighted in the bow is very accurate as is almost all other bows. 

My 2 cents.

Edited by archer36

I have the centerpoint 415, and it's on sale....link below.

I did upgrade the scope to a speed rated one,  Wyvern has new Ravin ones for under $90 and they illumimated.  I also went with a heavier bolt,  victory xbolt, which are the same as the Guide Gear ones sold in sportsmansguide.com,  or the Decimators from DICK'S SPORTING GOODS but sadly I haven't seen them on there so they might of dropped them, also I'm using the lighted nock version

https://www.walmart.com/shop/deals?inlineQuery=Centerpoint++415

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 12:26 PM, AtcoJG said:

This is a steal on a great shooting crossbow . The FRT trigger is as nice as they  get .

‘I have one and would sell my more expensive models before considering selling it , as it is def more accurate 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 11/27/2021 at 12:26 PM, AtcoJG said:

Shoot whatever you are looking at. Many xbows have attractive price tags but the first time you have to squeeze that trigger off hand at a deer you will quickly realize you got what you paid for. Anything you shoot off hand must balance well and have a good trigger to shoot accurately in hunting situations 

AWM