IGNORED

NJ Hunters Hunting NY Rifle

MountainmanDP

Hi Everyone! Just want to say thank you for all whom have used us thus far! We truly appreciate the support.  

For anyone that is hunting NY rifle we have good news on how we can help you! Our concept has always been we to come to you but with all the recent calls/emails our fear is we would not be able to meet all the requests.  We have decided to go stationary for the opening week of NY Rifle to help meet everyone's needs of meeting the regulations of not allowing the transfer of a carcass across state lines..  With that we are offering a couple different options.  1) We meet you at the border of NY/NJ (Suffern/Sloatsburg NY) take your harvest, then process, and then deliver it back to you inside Bergen County/Parts of Passaic.  2) You can drop off at our stationary location in Valley Cottage NY (right off 287 by the Palisades Mall) and we will deliver it to you.  3) You can drop off/pick up yourself at a different rate.  Keeping with our convenience concept of not having you the customer  making it to/back to a butcher to  drop off/pick up your harvest is what we are still trying to do with our pick up(meet at the border) and delivery service.  

If you have a deer you would like to mount, we will also cape/cap the deer with removing the brains/membranes and properly treated for you to bring to your taxidermist in NJ.

Side note for NJ 6 Day we will be available for mobile processing as well

We are here to help and trying to make it easier to for you to get your deer back!

If you have any questions please message or give us a call.

https://mountainmandeerprocessing.com/

Edited by MountainmanDP

1 hour ago, MountainmanDP said:

Hi Everyone! Just want to say thank you for all whom have used us thus far! We truly appreciate the support.  

For anyone that is hunting NY rifle we have good news on how we can help you! Our concept has always been we to come to you but with all the recent calls/emails our fear is we would not be able to meet all the requests.  We have decided to go stationary for the opening week of NY Rifle to help meet everyone's needs of meeting the regulations of not allowing the transfer of a carcass across state lines..  With that we are offering a couple different options.  1) We meet you at the border of NY/NJ (Suffern/Sloatsburg NY) take your harvest, then process, and then deliver it back to you inside Bergen County/Parts of Passaic.  2) You can drop off at our stationary location in Valley Cottage NY (right off 287 by the Palisades Mall) and we will deliver it to you.  3) You can drop off/pick up yourself at a different rate.  Keeping with our convenience concept of not having you the customer  making it to/back to a butcher to  drop off/pick up your harvest is what we are still trying to do with our pick up(meet at the border) and delivery service.  

If you have a deer you would like to mount, we will also cape/cap the deer with removing the brains/membranes and properly treated for you to bring to your taxidermist in NJ.

Side note for NJ 6 Day we will be available for mobile processing as well

We are here to help and trying to make it easier to for you to get your deer back!

If you have any questions please message or give us a call.

https://mountainmandeerprocessing.com/

Mountainman!!

Great info and awesome business model!!  Good luck!!

btw….

…what’s the status of EHD in NY?  We planned on rifle hunting Catskills but farmhand said they found 9 dead in crick n nothing is eating fall crops. Ugh. Hotel owner had a bunch dead too in his property 

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

what’s the status of EHD in NY?  We planned on rifle hunting Catskills but farmhand said they found 9 dead in crick n nothing is eating fall crops. Ugh. Hotel owner had a bunch dead too in his property 

Feel it really depends on location due to population.  I feel area's where the deer population is really high you've seen larger amounts of dead deer but where population of deer is lower due to big woods they may have an issue but you may not see them due to lower deer population.  So its tough to get a firm idea in certain parts .  In discussing with hunters they are still seeing lots of deer though there has been a die off from EHD.  One of the guys in our team hunts up in the Roscoe area and what they have been seeing on camera is a good amount of deer.  There is also a big concern again throughout the state of NY with CWD again but that's another story.

19 hours ago, 230jhp said:

wow that's steep....

We may not be for everyone and I apologize you may feel it's steep.  As well please do not take below personal but, understand our reasoning for pricing. 

Not to dispute your comment but, I'd like to get your opinion on  how you feel it is steep? Feedback is a gift and I would love to hear your feed back.  Anyone in business has to have a number to keep the lights on and still be able to make a profit.  Our process of coming to you eliminates  time one has to make to drop off/pick up your harvest. Time equates to money. I come to you with myself and another person, people I bring don't work for free.  On average  butchering costs around $85-$125 for a boneless cut pending where you are located.   Some will vacuum pack for that price and others charge extra.  With that we bring a custom processing of your harvest in front of you and as well teaching you etc.   We spoke with other processors about our idea and most stated they would charge more than what we are charging. When you add in all the expenses  with paying 2 people, fuel, wear/tear, cleaning supplies, time to clean/disinfect the trailer, and more; has us feeling we are priced very reasonable.  I am not sure what you do for a living but, most people have to travel 30 mins or more to a butcher each way due to no one around to process their harvest.  Breaking down costs: If you make $25 an hour that equates to $50(2 round trips) on top of what you are paying already for your deer to be processed.  If you are paying $100 to have your deer processed plus time/trip to butcher  at $50, you are at $150.  Now add in the paying an employee, fuel, tolls, cleaning time/costs and additional costs; it all adds up.  At $195 you get your deer processed in front of you, cut/trimmed to how we would want it back/how you want it, ground, vacuum packed, and so on within 2 hours.  If you feel this is still steep after putting numbers to it, again I understand we are not for you.

Edited by MountainmanDP

Just now, MountainmanDP said:

I apologize you may feel it's steep.

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize here... we should all celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit. You charge what you think you can get and make a profit. If the price is too high, you don't get customers and you'll lower the cost or go out of business. Conversely, if you get too busy, raise the price to lower demand and be able to give better service for the customers willing to pay the price assuming you don't lose too many customers such that you start losing money. Let the market decide! Capitalism at its finest! (and I, for one, am a capitalist).

I commend you on a great business idea. Good luck.

38 minutes ago, MountainmanDP said:

We may not be for everyone and I apologize you may feel it's steep.  As well please do not take below personal but, understand our reasoning for pricing. 

Not to dispute your comment but, I'd like to get your opinion on  how you feel it is steep? Feedback is a gift and I would love to hear your feed back.  Anyone in business has to have a number to keep the lights on and still be able to make a profit.  Our process of coming to you eliminates  time one has to make to drop off/pick up your harvest. Time equates to money. I come to you with myself and another person, people I bring don't work for free.  On average  butchering costs around $85-$125 for a boneless cut pending where you are located.   Some will vacuum pack for that price and others charge extra.  With that we bring a custom processing of your harvest in front of you and as well teaching you etc.   We spoke with other processors about our idea and most stated they would charge more than what we are charging. When you add in all the expenses  with paying 2 people, fuel, wear/tear, cleaning supplies, time to clean/disinfect the trailer, and more; has us feeling we are priced very reasonable.  I am not sure what you do for a living but, most people have to travel 30 mins or more to a butcher each way due to no one around to process their harvest.  Breaking down costs: If you make $25 an hour that equates to $50(2 round trips) on top of what you are paying already for your deer to be processed.  If you are paying $100 to have your deer processed plus time/trip to butcher  at $50, you are at $150.  Now add in the paying an employee, fuel, tolls, cleaning time/costs and additional costs; it all adds up.  At $195 you get your deer processed in front of you, cut/trimmed to how we would want it back/how you want it, ground, vacuum packed, and so on within 2 hours.  If you feel this is still steep after putting numbers to it, again I understand we are not for you.

Idk about the other guy but I just looked at your prices first. I was like this guy is off his rocker! Who’s going to pay those prices. Then I realized that you are a mobile butcher. I like the idea. Wish I had this a few years ago! Probably would have cut some time off the learning process lol. 

On 11/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, mazzgolf said:

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize here... we should all celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit. You charge what you think you can get and make a profit. If the price is too high, you don't get customers and you'll lower the cost or go out of business. Conversely, if you get too busy, raise the price to lower demand and be able to give better service for the customers willing to pay the price assuming you don't lose too many customers such that you start losing money. Let the market decide! Capitalism at its finest! (and I, for one, am a capitalist).

I commend you on a great business idea. Good luck.

Entrepreneural or price gouging?

17 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

How would this be price gouging?  Its a service that someone may want, it not a need or necessity.  If you dont want it or the price to high, you go a different route.  I wish this mobile butcher the best.    

This.  He's offering a great option that is valuable to many hunters.  Considering he's coming to you, doing it all right in front of you, even showing you how to do it, incurring the travel time and cost, etc...I don't think it's outlandishly high at all.  Maybe not for everyone but it's certainly super convenient and that's worth a price as well!

Best of luck to you @MountainmanDP!

On 11/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, MountainmanDP said:

I feel your prices are very fair, good luck with the business!