IGNORED

NJ Hunters Hunting NY Rifle

MountainmanDP

7 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Entrepreneural or price gouging?

I would respectfully disagree with you. Considering most butchers increased pricing this year due to the rising costs of everything, the average price now is between $100-$120. So for an extra $70, these guys save you the round trip to the butcher plus the cost of fuel. For me, its an hour each way and a half tank of gas to the butcher. The gas alone costs me nearly $50, so I consider this a bargain. 

I think this is a great service, especially when you consider all the butchers getting OUT of the business. We lost almost all our butchers down here where I am - there's just a few left - and they are getting farther and farther away.

Particularly, though, I would be interested in using him when the weather is just a little too warm to hang the deer myself in my garage (which I like to do for a few days but only when it is cold enough). I would pay that extra premium for a butcher to show up where I am and butcher my deer right at my house (with the bonus of letting me watch him do his thing so I could learn a thing or two).

Let us know when you expand your operation to southern NJ in a few years ;)