IGNORED

Still Kicking at 78

Nanuk

My grandfather passed away this past January at the age of 92. The past 10-15 years it was tough for him to get around but he hunted until the year he passed. Even shot a buck during 6 day last year. While he was not able to get deep into the woods, just being out there was enough for him. We would set up some ground blinds within 20 yards of where we could drop him off. It gets tough for them while aging but being in the outdoors is the most important thing.

Hopefully your father keeps at it, set him up on feild edges and limit the amount of walking. Cherish ever moment out in the woods you all will have.

5 hours ago, Nanuk said:

For those that know me , my dads had his ups and downs with back surgery but now with age against him it’s just tough get him out there. I set him up in a ground blind I’ve been baiting specifically for him. He was able to close the deal and he said he’s believes this is it …. It crushed me but hopefully he’ll keep on chugging as long as I keep on pushing lol 

31B6082C-88AA-48AD-8B84-14FF96E90157.jpeg

Good for him and I salute you for being a good son.  It is not easy when you get older to do the things that come easy to at 50yo. You take for granted the ability to just walk but from one who knows that ability diminishes every day once you hit 70 and for some sooner. They have surgeries to fix your knees, to fix your hammer toes, meds to treat the arthritis inflammation in you ankles, hands and back but they do not have a medicine to treat OLD AGE and the older you get the harder its is to do the things you love.  Keep being patient with your dad but keep trying and I am sure on the days when he can he will continue to go out knowing you are there to help him with basic functions like getting to the stand, dragging a deer, gutting and sometimes pushing him to go, and when he says yes HOORAH and when he says no he is not up to it patiently encourage but don't push hard.

GOD BLESS YOU you sound like a good son and MAN!!

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL