IGNORED

2021 EHD in New Jersey

Bone collector 85

11 hours ago, Bone collector 85 said:

My whole heard is dead woods reek of dead deer came out of no wheres then driving through assunpink same there this shit is hitting hard in that general area... i may be doing more waterfowl hunting and not deer this year....any other areas being affected just pulled my cams today 

Where is “ your herd ? I hunt cream ridge so it’s close to Assunpink

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

State needs to shut down buck tags in areas hit hard.   But they won't. 

Be careful what you ask for , current administration could use it to end hunting .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

State needs to shut down buck tags in areas hit hard.   But they won't. 

Just now, OMC said:

I think no Does in those areas so they can recover. That won’t happen either they want them all dead anyway. 

So which one is it?:shock:

I know for sure the Crosswicks Creek area has been crushed. I know the state won’t do anything, but my hope is the county is dynamic enough to change parameters for the public land. You have to kill two does I believe on the county land before you can kill a buck. This also is an earn a buck area. I think it would be irresponsible to kill a doe at this point. 

Do you guys think it's predominately in areas with water sources or anywhere? My two hunting areas (Somerset and Middlesex) don't have much in the way of ponds, streams, or rivers. I know they usually die near water but is the existence of water what promotes it?

Edited by archer36

8 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Do you guys think it's predominately in areas with water sources or anywhere? My two hunting areas (Somerset and Middlesex) don't have much in the way of ponds, streams, or rivers. I know they usually die near water but is the existence of water what promotes it?

"Epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) and bluetongue virus (BTV) are viral diseases, collectively called hemorrhagic diseases (HD), and are common in white-tailed deer. Both diseases are transmitted by biting midges often called “no-see-ums” or gnats."

"What are the signs of a deer with EHD? Deer with EHD often appear weak, lethargic, and disoriented. Other signs of EHD in deer are ulcers in the mouth or on the tongue, swollen face, neck, or eyelids, and a bluish color to the tongue. Deer with EHD often search for water to combat the fever caused by the disease."

That's a real kick in the butt. You'd think the state would show a little more concern and adjust accordingly. I remember EHD in Warren County along the Buckhorn Creek. You could smell the death. The area has still not recovered to what it used to be.

6 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

"Epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) and bluetongue virus (BTV) are viral diseases, collectively called hemorrhagic diseases (HD), and are common in white-tailed deer. Both diseases are transmitted by biting midges often called “no-see-ums” or gnats."

"What are the signs of a deer with EHD? Deer with EHD often appear weak, lethargic, and disoriented. Other signs of EHD in deer are ulcers in the mouth or on the tongue, swollen face, neck, or eyelids, and a bluish color to the tongue. Deer with EHD often search for water to combat the fever caused by the disease."

Are the "gnats" more plentiful in wet areas as opposed to large farmlands without water sources? That's basically my question.