IGNORED

HUGE UPDATE!!!!!Pa cabin burglary....horrible

My neighbor has a place pretty secluded up there. She never had an issue either until last fall when they went to close it up. Someone stole some stuff including a quad. The quad was found about 1/2 mile away at a nrighbors  place. She got it back but the other stuff was nowhere to be found. So check close by you may find a surprise.

Totally sucks to find your place ransacked and robbed. It never happened to me but I have friends who it happened to. It makes you lose faith in man were the words they used when speaking with them. I agree..

buddies own secluded property at the end of a 1.5 mile road...so the few full time neighbors know when you are coming and going.

small cabin w/generator and tv, grills and such. They've been thinking of keeping quads there. I thought about a conex box to lock them up. Still would need some kind of camera security though.

Sorry to hear about your property.

1 minute ago, Gman said:

we got so tired of replacing the door an locks in our cabin in Delaware county NY that we eventually just decided to not lock the door.  We did not keep anything of value in our place.

Sucks, I'm sure it was local kids.

Not sure it was kids....broke gate and stole everything (truck load). Food, plates, utensils, even paper plates and shoes...

8 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Not sure it was kids....broke gate and stole everything (truck load). Food, plates, utensils, even paper plates and shoes...

Maybe the opposite approach would work. Keep windows unblocked so inside is visible. Leave door open. Take everything out. If there is nothing to steal then no reason to break in. If they hit once they will probably be back. Sucks to think it. 

21 hours ago, nmc02 said:

5 of us built our cabin 20 plus years ago. I look forward to time there all year. We have never had a problem there. It is very rural & very few full time residents. As you could imagine, we have accumulated a lot over years and spent a great deal of money. Yesterday we checked the cabin & to our surprise it was burglarized. Shattered the door window. They stole TV, generator, petromax lanterns, tree stands, food, a charcoal smoker, propane tanks, furniture, along with numerous other items. Sucks. The cabin is in Wayne county near Upper woods Pond. We reported this to PASP...they said numerous places in the area were burglarized. Completely bummed...

My cabin is on pleasant mount by the red school house so not far from you guys.  My old man was up there this weekend and everything was okay but thanks for the heads up.  It’s sad to hear.  That’s area is typically quiet and you don’t hear of things like this happening often. I hope they get the people who did it!

The guys (from Medford Lakes) who owned the cabin and property next to my father in Chenango County NY started to leave the cabin door open and not leave anything valuable in there.  I guess kids used to go in there to drink and mess with girls.  Once they came up and the unlocked door was ripped off the hinges and all the dinner plates were smashed in the fireplace, that's when they decided to sell.