IGNORED

Another Tom down

Faster

We hunted all day and didn't hear a single bird until almost 1130am. Then out of nowhere, a couple toms are gobbling right in the area we have had luck in the past.  MikeStaten got them interested with a box call and soon switched over to a pot call. Our setup was rushed and somewhat awkward with a very narrow shooting lane looking down thru the brush. It seemed like they weren't going to commit the last 40-50 yards we needed, and we still had not seen them yet. Mike switched to a mouth call and it was game on. They crossed a small creek and made there way up a steep hill and eventually over a rock wall. I sat ready with the gun shouldered aiming down the narrow trail. as soon as that bright red head entered my lane, I let one go. The shot rolled him hard into some brush. Mike got right back on the call and prepared to shoot the second bird if he could. The second one was gobbling and showed interest, but there was a hen we did not know was there and she was doing some clucking and putting and convinced the second tom to skidattle.

Light bird at 16 pounds, 10" beard, 3/4" hooks

tom4.jpg

tom5.jpg

tom7.jpg