IGNORED

Rip off

hammer4reel

Four years ago, I ended up getting a cut in the sidewall of one of my truck tires and I was in a pinch because, my father was dying and I had to drive down to Virginia to see him. Anyway, I took it to Mavis knowing that they would have to order a replacement tire. No big deal. I told the manager that I'll be back in a few days to pick up my wheel and tire. Well, when I stopped by to pick it up, they had it on a cheap steel wheel. I'm like, that's not my rim. My rim is factory cast aluminum. They searched the place for 45 mins and found my rim in the junk wheel pile. They remounted the wheel and I put it on my truck once I got home. A day later, I was getting a bad vibration. I took it to my normal mechanic and it turned out that their wheel weights fell off. Stay away from them. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Not all are the same. I got new tires for my truck at the Mavis in Mount Holly couple months ago because they had the best deal on the ones I wanted. They didn't try to sell me anything else. While I was there waiting a lady came in and said she needed a new battery because it was dead when she went to start her car that morning. She got a jump and drove straight there. Guy behind the counter checked it out came back in and told her she probably left a light on because the battery is testing fine. He said he could sell her a new battery but he felt he would "just be taking her money" because it's testing fine. That took me by surprise. 

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Woke up to a flat this morning .

Screw in the tire.

Head around the corner at 8 to mavis.

Guy tells me the tech sees my struts are way overdue and proceeds to show me for my safety they should be replaced .

Shows me a demo area of what's happening .

At this point I tell him to pull up my records showing the struts were replaced in October .

And let's go look .

Struts are brand new.

Crickets 

Guess a phone call to cooperate is needed

STS by me, gone now, was the worse with this shit. I could not have my wife take it there because then they always tried to replace the entire car. :down:

My wife took her car to Mavis on Rt.35 by us for a screw or nail in a tire. Guy tries telling her the air pressure sensor is damaged and it MUST be replaced by law! They wanted $300 for the sensor.

She calls me and tells me the story so I say don't worry about it just get the tire fixed. The guy gets real pushy saying it has to be done or she has to sign a waiver. She signs it and gets out of there!

What a shit place

I took my truck there for an oil change with some coupon, like $25 or something. I didn't read the fine print that only X quarts of oil were included. I pick up the truck and the bill was like $50. They killed me on the additional quarts, I think it was like $9+ a quart for conventional oil. At the time I think it was a $4 markup per quart. I told them if they didn't adjust the price I would never come back. Needless to say, I haven't been back. lol

I used an STS by me for years for routine maintenances and when they were bought out by Mavis I went to a local shop. 4 oil changes at the local shop and 4 different issues on either my wife's Jeep or my Ram.....

Back to the STS that was bought out by Mavis and the same staff is still there and I have had no issues with them, in fact they always are able to find me a discount coupon for a few bucks.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

24 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

There are good and bad shops. That goes for self employed as well. Thats why when you find a good, honest mechanic you stay with him

I use a little place Annandale Auto-Owners name is Pete. He's old school none of that you can't go in the shop insurance policy b*******I can see my vehicle up on the lift  underneath look at it with the mechanic he shows me the problem before it does work you can see the old part and good prices!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

Your first Mistake is going to Mavis.  That’s what they do and that’s what they are known for. Shit techs etc etc etc. Mavis is a place the sheep 🐑 heard to. Pretty surprised you would go there Hammer. 

Not rocket science to vulcanize a tire . Place is about the only spot open by my house at the shore ..

didn’t go there for other work to be done.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The STS Tire in Phillipsburg was a joke with their pricing on everything and from what I hear the Mavis that replaced it is just as bad. My experience there was more than a few years ago. I have since found a few places that are out to take care of your needs instead of your wallet. None of them are corporate owned and there in lies the problem. The lube shops are no better. They want to push all of the expensive extras they can on you whether you need it or not. More than a few times I had to ask them what part of no don't you understand.

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Not rocket science to vulcanize a tire . Place is about the only spot open by my house at the shore ..

didn’t go there for other work to be done.

You had your struts done there in October. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

You had your struts done there in October. 

Not there , they were done at the local Dodge dealer .’

all these places report service work to car fax .

dealer can see what you had done where , as can oil lube places etc . All services show .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/