IGNORED

Rip off

hammer4reel

Gotta watch those places. Last set of Bridgestone tires I bought at BJ's, $800 mounted balanced, with tire repair warranty and free rotation, rebalancing and disposal of old tires. Firestone store wanted $1200 for the same tires not including mounting, balancing, etc, etc. 

Edited by TK3333

Let the lead fly!!!

don’t ever go to elite automotive in Byram either. They charged me an arm and a leg for a starter and said it’s because it was OEM well when I got home they didn’t put the heat shield  back on it and when I called and complained they said aftermarket starters don’t have a place to put them on. The price they first quoted me was lower than what it was when I went to pick up my truck. I wish I would have looked up reviews on them they are terrible. .

Edited by Huntingdude

16 hours ago, Swamprat said:

The invoice from October should show the service manager who worked and the tech that did the work. The guy you dealt with today may be innocent. Maybe.  Lol. 

Innocent? Oh, let's see, I'll use my training to inspect whether or not the struts need to be replaced.  Which would lead to this question>>>>>>Sir, when was the last time the struts were replaced?  But that would take intelligence.

15 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Not there , they were done at the local Dodge dealer .’

all these places report service work to car fax .

dealer can see what you had done where , as can oil lube places etc . All services show .

Didn't know that. 

I'm very fortunate to have an honest mechanic by me that I've been dealing with for 17 years.  Never a doubt about the repairs and it always gets done right the first time.  One less thing to worry about and no BS to deal with.  Gob bless him for doing the right thing and looking at his business for the long term.  

I have been going to Brian's auto in Gaewood  for years. He doesn't have the cheapest prices but when he does a job, I know it has to be done.  I also give him the easy work as oil changes tires etc. He told me to order tires from tire rack and he would install.  We met him when my wife had a flat and he changed the tire while she waited even with other work in front of her and didn't charge her. That sold me. As long as he is honest, he gets all my work regardless of price.

11 hours ago, nb6624 said:

They all suck! Teach your kids how to turn a wrench and get a little grease on their hands. I'm by no means a mechanic but I have saved thousands knowing the basics.

Who's they?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Who's they?

The chain stores like Mavis. jiffy lubes etc. I have been scammed every time I've used them. My local mechanic would never tell me my air filter was replaced and not even open the airbox. And forget about it if you are not familiar with auto repair. They will change your blinker fluid